Menu

NCAA Men's basketball . . .

Won't be watching myself, but I'm glad I saw your post. It reminded me to check and see when North Carolina will be playing. Dh is out of town and I am under *strict orders* to make sure and record Carolina!

Thanks for the reminder!

And also not one who really follows sports. But, I did follow the ACC Tourny enough to know that my alma mater had taken first place. Lorna, is your dh a Carolina grad? I was lucky enough to be in school there when Michael Jordan was on the team. Those championships were awfully exciting!

Doran

p.s. How did the term 'alma mater' ever become a replacement for the school you graduated from? I sure don't think of my university as equivalent to a "nourishing mother". :001_smile:

Lorna, is your dh a Carolina grad? I was lucky enough to be in school there when Michael Jordan was on the team. Those championships were awfully exciting!

No, but if he had chosen any different profession, he sure would have been! (He's a pastor and needed to go to Bible college.)

Even after spending 14 years in TX and nearly 18 away from NC, "Carolina born and Carolina bred, and when I die I'll be Carolina dead" is a constant refrain in our house (on his part, not mine -- I was not the first two and have no intention of becoming the third). ;-)

Rip Em Up, Tear Em Up, Give Em Heck, Duke!!

Go to h*** Carolina go to h***!! Go to h*** Carolina go to h***!!

(Funny story on the last one: we, being the virtuous parents we are, chant other things in our ds's presence than the actual cheers. Our favorites are "Ring a bell Carolina ring a bell!" And "Go to bed Carolina go to bed!")

Won't be watching myself, but I'm glad I saw your post. It reminded me to check and see when North Carolina will be playing. Dh is out of town and I am under *strict orders* to make sure and record Carolina!

Thanks for the reminder!

Arkansas will play North Carolina if we get past Indiana in our first round game. We'll be watching, too!

I just will never understand how anyone could be a Duke fan. I just don't get it. Especially someone who is, in so many other ways, wise and wonderful.

My oldest brother and his two boys (twins) have Dukitis. Bro' graduated there eons ago...nephews graduate this May. My father, second brother and I are all Carolina grads. Talk about a divided house! Basically, we pull for Duke when they're not playing Carolina. How's that for diplomatic?

sport001.gif

Doran

My oldest brother and his two boys (twins) have Dukitis. Bro' graduated there eons ago...nephews graduate this May. My father, second brother and I are all Carolina grads. Talk about a divided house! Basically, we pull for Duke when they're not playing Carolina. How's that for diplomatic?

sport001.gif

Doran

Diplomatic, but so misguided!!! We pull against Duke regardless of who they are playing. Ok, maybe not against Georgetown.

Anyone coming to Little Rock this weekend for some of the South subregional games?

I'll be at the Friday daytime games.

What team are you cheering for?

We're Arkansas Razorback fans!! :D

Have fun! We'll be here at home, cheering against your team. :boxing_smiley:

We're Purdue fans first, but Big Ten loyalty runs deep here!