Menu

Hi all

Guest itsmeewan

Guest itsmeewan

Hi all, I have just picked up a copy of 'The Well Trained Mind' in a second hand book shop in Phuket where I live. My son is only 6 months old but having had 3 previous children from a former relationship I had already decided that I was going to home school my new son, hence why I purchased the book. Having read the first 70 pages I'm already impressed with the very simple approach the book and authors have taken.

I have already ordered a copy of 'Slow and Steady, Get Me Ready' with great anticipation having taken a peek on Amazon.

Thanks in advance for the encouragement your book has given me to tackle the task of home schooling, as you point out in the book many of us parents are quite daunted by the idea of home schooling and shouldn't be.

When I first read The Well-Trained Mind, I knew THIS was the kind of education I wanted - for my kids AND myself! Enjoy the process and your dear children!

This is SO true! When I read it the first time, in 2000, I was so excited! It just *fit*, KWIM? I had such a mediocre education myself, yet I felt empowered to provide so much more for my children. Here we are, 9 years later. I don't follow everything in the book (no one does). But, we've tried things, and tossed some aside because it didn't work for us, but kept other things, and did different things as we've gone from grammar stage to logic stage. I always come back to TWTM.

And, of course, you (OP) will find this board to be a huge benefit as you find your way on this journey.

Welcome!