Menu

Arrow Trucking bankrupt and drivers left stranded.

I just read about that. :glare: At least Schneider is helping out.

Not just Schneider, either! It brought tears to my eyes to read about independent truckers (and their trade association) helping the stranded drivers to get home.

Does anybody know if there is some way to help out the stranded truckers, like by donating a gas card? The amount I could personally give wouldn't get them very far but every little bit helps

Try the Facebook page "Support for Stranded Arrow Drivers." Looking on the page, it seems that some of the finance companies are giving bus tickets or cash for drivers who return the trucks to dealerships (for repossession.) I guess that works out better for them than having to travel to all these truck stops looking for trucks!

ETA - The more I read about this, the more dumbfounded I am. How can they not tell the drivers anything? What about the loads?? I smell some serious lawsuits...but I suppose you can't get blood from an orange.

I saw a report where one driver was trying to get fuel to get his load where it needed to go and then back home. He did finally (probably from the company that needed what he had.)

That is so messed up! What a crummy thing to do to those employees! I can understand a business going out of business but there are honorable ways to prepare employees for the event. IMO the company owners need to be investigated for fraudulent activity associated with those bouncing payroll checks.

It's awful. The company is local to my city, and I didn't know what was going down until AFTER I got caught in the traffic of all the trucks being hauled away to repo. It was just a huge line of rig after rig after rig... when I found out later, I was just so sad. There are tons of companies trying to get these folks jobs and/or home for Christmas and the workers are being given recourse to legal action to get their pay - I guess some folks hadn't been paid for a month or more already. I can't imagine what kind of debt the company had to have been in. What a mess.

"Try the Facebook page "Support for Stranded Arrow Drivers." Looking on the page, it seems that some of the finance companies are giving bus tickets or cash for drivers who return the trucks to dealerships (for repossession.) I guess that works out better for them than having to travel to all these truck stops looking for trucks!"

Is this what it's called because I can't find it on FB.

This whole story makes me sad. Those poor drivers.

Guest Dulcimeramy

This happened to my former uncle's trucking company in the 70's.

He owned it, and the whole company went under while he had all the drivers over the road! At Christmastime!

He only cared about the drivers. I don't recall the details, but I do know that he lost everything, went bankrupt, lost his house and savings too, but he got all those drivers home by Christmas AND he managed to give them all one last paycheck.

And then my aunt left him because he was poverty-stricken and she was mad that he'd spent the last of their money on those truckers.

:(

Anyway, I'm praying for the Arrow drivers tonight.

This happened to my former uncle's trucking company in the 70's.

He owned it, and the whole company went under while he had all the drivers over the road! At Christmastime!

He only cared about the drivers. I don't recall the details, but I do know that he lost everything, went bankrupt, lost his house and savings too, but he got all those drivers home by Christmas AND he managed to give them all one last paycheck.

And then my aunt left him because he was poverty-stricken and she was mad that he'd spent the last of their money on those truckers.

:(

Anyway, I'm praying for the Arrow drivers tonight.

Bless your uncle for knowing what was important :) He cared.

You know, I just can't get this story out of my head. My dad is a long haul truck driver, and even though he's an owner/operator, there were several Christmases when I was little that we weren't sure he'd be home because there was an ice storm or a blizzard and he was several states away and wasn't sure he could drive straight through to be there by the morning.

But he always did. 12-14 hours, through all that terrible weather. He always got there some time in the middle of the night and it was so much more exciting in the morning.

I sincerely hope these guys (and gals) make it home to thier families tonight. Somehow.

Makes me want to cry for them. I'm pretty sure there's toasty warm seat in eternity reserved for the deciders of this deal.

My sympathy is with the drivers.....

But at the same time, I know a whole lot of small business owners right now who are leveraged to the hilt, and desperately trying to keep their house of cards standing. Sometimes they have hope that they can hold it together just a bit longer, and that they'll be able to get through it. As for informing the drivers, that would definitely have been the right thing to do. If they had informed the drivers though, possibly they thought the drivers would walk off and then they wouldn't be able to carry out the Christmas deliveries, and then it really would all fall apart. Perhaps they were praying to just get through Christmas and then hoped that the earnings from that would carry them through?