Menu

Knights for Imaginext Castle?

Someone gave us a toy castle that we're thinking of giving ds8 for Christmas. I think it's the one below (Fisher Price Imaginext), but there are no pieces (knights, etc.). Do y'all have any ideas for guys, etc. to go in the castle? I've checked Craig's List but nothing else so far. Any chance I'll have to go to a store (w/out kids) won't be until Wed at the soonest, so while I've thought about the Goodwill, ours isn't great, & it's not really something I'd count on.

We've decided to save it for another occasion if we can't find guys, so it's not a big deal, I just thought I'd see if I was overlooking a brilliant or obvious idea. Thanks! :001_smile:

41K25tmVQlL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Hmmm...couple more questions...I don't see these guys on Target or Walmart's websites. (I know it's too late to order for Christmas, I just wanted to get an idea of what I'm after, who has it, how much.)

Amazon has what looks like individual knights listed between $30 & $70. Surely that can't be right?

And age recommendation...? Is an 8yo too old? I mean...to *receive* it as a gift. I'm sure he'd have fun w/ it if it were around, but do you think it's close enough to his age range that...well, I don't want to insult him, lol. I'm asking because I saw a "What I'm buying for my 3yo" list on Amazon. I figure this just has wide age appeal, but I want to make sure.

Of course, if the knights really are that much $, the question is academic. ;)

Hmmm...couple more questions...I don't see these guys on Target or Walmart's websites. (I know it's too late to order for Christmas, I just wanted to get an idea of what I'm after, who has it, how much.)

Amazon has what looks like individual knights listed between $30 & $70. Surely that can't be right?

And age recommendation...? Is an 8yo too old? I mean...to *receive* it as a gift. I'm sure he'd have fun w/ it if it were around, but do you think it's close enough to his age range that...well, I don't want to insult him, lol. I'm asking because I saw a "What I'm buying for my 3yo" list on Amazon. I figure this just has wide age appeal, but I want to make sure.

Of course, if the knights really are that much $, the question is academic. ;)

I bought this one at Target for $5.99 this year.

All of my boys play with the Imaginext. I don't think 8 is too old.

This is the castle that my boys have and love. It was discontinued a couple years ago, and with that, the knights as well. :crying::smash: My guys need new knights and they want the same ones, but we can't get them unless we pay $$$$. I am starting over with the Playmobile knights this year. Most of them are sold out online right now, but you can still get some sets from Playmobile.com. Those knights are the same size as the Imaginext ones. I also ordered generic Playmobile horses b/c knights need horses. :001_smile:

Older boys play with our castle when they visit, so I would think an 8yo would still like it. I know my 5yo is drooling over a more complex Playmobile castle, so we will probably upgrade sometime in the next year.

Guest janainaz

I don't know what anyone is talking about that says they sell the knights for Imaginext at Target or Wal Mart. I've been to many Targets and Wal-Marts and have yet to find them. My boys have this castle and I've been looking for new knights also. I have found Playmobil knights for 3.99 at Target. I have yet to find the Imaginext ones. Right now, I've only seen the new Batman extras that go with the Batcave.

I've been wondering the same thing about prices on Amazon being huge lately.

Aubrey, we have this castle and it did originally come with a few guys. My little one likes to play with playmobil guys with this castle as well as extra sets. The do sell the new ones for the new castle, which will be fine, at Walmart too. My little guy uses plain army guys with this castle too. He's my super imaginitive one!

These are the only 2 sets I saw, & I got them, but...:001_huh:...I don't think I like them. I don't think ds will love them. I wish I could just ask him. Seems really random to me, & they were...well...more expensive than I thought they were worth, kwim? Not ridiculous--just--ack! I don't want him to be disappointed, & I'm usually good at gift-giving.

I walked up & down the aisles tonight looking for something for dd6, though, & came home w/ nothing. She's at that difficult transitional phase, & she's so sweet, she won't ask for anything. :glare: Everything's either too little & would look like it was really for dd2 or too big by just enough that she'd end up in tears. I think.

So what do you think about the dragons w/ their weird knight guys? I think maybe I should have gone to Target & looked at the Playmobil guys, but I had a WM gift card, & by the time I got out of there, I was tired. :tongue_smilie:

P6233_b_1.jpg90124542-149x149-0-0_Fisher+Price+Fisher+Imaginext+Dragon+Wagon.jpg

So what do you think about the dragons w/ their weird knight guys? I think maybe I should have gone to Target & looked at the Playmobil guys, but I had a WM gift card, & by the time I got out of there, I was tired.

Honestly? I would get the Playmobil guys. If you can't get them before Christmas, maybe you can give him a coupon to let him pick out which set of knights he would like. They have a selection. My guys like to each have different sets of knights that match so their armies can fight each other.

Honestly? I would get the Playmobil guys. If you can't get them before Christmas, maybe you can give him a coupon to let him pick out which set of knights he would like. They have a selection. My guys like to each have different sets of knights that match so their armies can fight each other.

Me, too, lol, but we stuck the kids in their room, & I showed the guys to dh. When he was done playing w/ them, he said he wanted some Playmobil guys, too. :lol: So I guess we're good. Must be a boy thing. :confused: