Menu

Christmas: What do you get for a 10yr old public school boy?

I need gift ideas for a 10yr old boy whom I barely know.. I just know that he goes to public school and he's really into violent type video games with his dad (is that helpful? LOL). He is my cousin's child and one of my daughters drew his name this year. My only boy is 3yrs old so I have no idea what to get for a 10yr old. I probably don't want to spend more than $20.

Thanks!

I would ask his mom what he wants, or else just get him a gift card for a video game store or Walmart and let him choose his own gift.

He's at an age where it's tough to find the right toys, because he wants to seem older, yet still likes to play. He might be into Bakugan or one of the trading card games, but it's hard to pick those things, because you don't know what he has/needs/wants.

I would normally suggest some fun board games or card games, but if he's already into violent video games, he might not be interested in regular games, and his family may not be the "family game night" type.

Cat

a multitool (leatherman knockoff)

bearings if he has a skateboard

hoodie or sweats or flannel pj type pants with school district name (sold at local big box here)

snap circuits kit

am/fm radio kit

model rocket kit

fluxx or zombie fluxx (card game from game shop)

venus flytrap

My 9 yr old HATES Legos, so please don't assume that child will fall in love with them.

The big thing with the boys here are the Nerf guns. They can shoot, and not get hurt while having fun. Some of the guns and sets are fairly sophisticated, and you would want 2 guns so someone can shoot back.

Other popular toys in our son's group have been basketballs with team logos, soccer balls, and small remote control vehicles.

My 9 yr old HATES Legos, so please don't assume that child will fall in love with them.

The big thing with the boys here are the Nerf guns. They can shoot, and not get hurt while having fun. Some of the guns and sets are fairly sophisticated, and you would want 2 guns so someone can shoot back.

Other popular toys in our son's group have been basketballs with team logos, soccer balls, and small remote control vehicles.

:iagree: I have a (GASP) ps 10 year old boy. Mine likes video games that are "violent", but that doesn't define him (or his friends). He is a voracious reader and will be getting books for Christmas, Mexican Train Game, Snap Circuits, a scooter, Japanese language program (Irasshai dvd set), a baseball glove, various Rubik's Cubes (he can solve the original in a minute). Oh. I also got the Dangerous Book for Boys and a pocket knife.

A nerf gun is PERFECT for this age. Any age, really! And you can't have too many. ;)

Have fun shopping!