Menu

Disguising homeschool curricula as Christmas gifts

I lucked upon a copy of Science: The Definitive Visual Guide at Costco for $29.99. I'd wanted to pick that up for Captain Science's next semester of school, but I also needed something else "from Santa."

I wonder if he'll figure out that he got school stuff for Christmas or if he'll just think he got another awesome science book just for the fun of it? :wink:

I haven't decided on my gifts yet, but from Grandma, my dd5 is getting an art table. From me, I'm tossing up ideas like microscope, solar system mobile, I'd get her anything but books. This book addict mom has books (mostly homeschool-related now) arriving way too often for that to be special anymore.

Now I'm wondering if I should renew my Costco membership...

I think that, if it's something they'll enjoy, and won't view as "school", they'll love it.

My 15yo son has a WWII encyclopedia, the movie "Patton", and a biography of Patton under the tree. To him, that's fun entertainment and not schoolwork.

One year, though, I should wrap up next year's math curriculum and videotape their reactions when they open it! :lol: