Menu

What would be a "dry" white wine?

Dry wine most definitely has alcohol! LOL

How White Wine Becomes Dry

White wines become dry when sugars from the juice are converted to alcohol during the fermentation process. In some cases a wine is medium-dry when small amounts of residual sugars (RS) remain but not enough to push it over the edge into that sweet wine territory. There are also various degrees of "dryness" with certain varietals falling into the dry, medium-dry or medium-sweet to sweet categories. Wines in the "sweetness" category have been excluded in order to focus on the dry and medium-dry whites.

http://wine.lovetoknow.com/wiki/Types_of_Dry_White_Wine

Chardonnays are not always dry--some of them are quite fruity.

Yes, some are fruity, but fruity is very different than sweet.

The fruity flavor has to do with the characteristic of the grape, while the sweet/dry aspect has to do with the residual sugar in the wine.

Yes, some are fruity, but fruity is very different than sweet.

The fruity flavor has to do with the characteristic of the grape, while the sweet/dry aspect has to do with the residual sugar in the wine.

So interesting! Learn something new everyday.:)

BTW, Crissy, this is off topic but...do you remember editing a photo for me last December of my grandma with Santa for her Christmas card? I just wanted to say thank you again for your generosity! My grandma passed away August 15th so that was her last Christmas. The photo is precious to me and is on my refrigerator where I can see it every day!:grouphug:

So interesting! Learn something new everyday.:)

BTW, Crissy, this is off topic but...do you remember editing a photo for me last December of my grandma with Santa for her Christmas card? I just wanted to say thank you again for your generosity! My grandma passed away August 15th so that was her last Christmas. The photo is precious to me and is on my refrigerator where I can see it every day!:grouphug:

Oh, Ronette. I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother's passing. This will probably be an especially difficult Christmas for you. :grouphug:

I was so happy to help with your photo, and I am glad to know that it means so much to you.