Menu

PC game for tween girl?

We have several of the Nancy Drews. They are not fluff, and Dd11 usually works through them with a friend or with me as some of the puzzles can be difficult. We've had hours of fun with the ones we've done.

Dd11 recommends #9 to start with, Danger on Deception Island. #10, #12, and #13 were also favorites with her and her friends in the 10-12 yo age group. We have #17, #18, and #19 also, and the graphics and music scores on these were ramped up quite a bit. So was the "creepy" factor, if that is a concern. You can read reviews online for details, if someone here doesn't come up with it.

Other PC games she enjoys, of which we have older editions but newer ones are out:

Oregon Trail, from Learning Company

Amazon Trail, from Learning Company

The American Girls, Create and Produce Your Own Plays, from Learning Company

Zoo Tycoon, from Blue Fang

Under the tree this year:

Crazy Machines 2 (physics, here she comes!)

Edited by BridgeTea
to add info

My 9 and 13 year old play it and love it, right now we are working on a contest to make the best Christmas zoo. :)

The original game with the marine mania and dinosaur digs expansion is the best game. I hate Zoo Tycoon 2, perhaps becuase the learning curve from the original was steeper and I just wanted to sit and play. lol

The biggest reason this game never gets old is that there are fan sites with free downloads of user created stuff to add to the game. You can download new maps, scenarios, objects, buildings and animals.

Yes, geek central and proud of it. Zoo Tycoon is my grown up D&D. :)

Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection

Fan sites:

ZooKeepers Station

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Zookeeper's Lounge

Zoo Tycoon Unleashed

My 9 and 13 year old play it and love it, right now we are working on a contest to make the best Christmas zoo. :)

The original game with the marine mania and dinosaur digs expansion is the best game. I hate Zoo Tycoon 2, perhaps becuase the learning curve from the original was steeper and I just wanted to sit and play. lol

The biggest reason this game never gets old is that there are fan sites with free downloads of user created stuff to add to the game. You can download new maps, scenarios, objects, buildings and animals.

Yes, geek central and proud of it. Zoo Tycoon is my grown up D&D. :)

Zoo Tycoon Complete Collection

Fan sites:

ZooKeepers Station

Zoo Tek Phoenix

Zookeeper's Lounge

Zoo Tycoon Unleashed

Funny Zoo Tycoon story:

My 14 yo DS (still) keeps mispronouncing deciduous b/c when he was a little guy playing Zoo Tycoon he was not familiar with the word. He tells me he would say "deh suh DAY shuss" in his head. He still says it that way. :lol: