Menu

Ugg knock-offs: socks or no socks?

DD's want some Uggs and are quite fine with knockoffs. Most of them have synthetic lining, so can they go without socks? The manufacturers say they are odor free and wicking, but I wonder if that is true. I am looking at Zodiacs and Emus.

My dd wears barepaws - I guess they are in the category of UGG knockoffs, but she finds them better fitting. Anyway. She wore her pair all last year without socks because they made her feet hot if she had socks on. They didn't stink by the end of the season. I don't know if that experience extends to the type of shoes you are looking at.

Edited by Karen in CO

The Ugg's info say they are to be worn without socks. I've worn them both ways, but decide before you buy and get a good fit. Uggs need to be purchased snug because they stretch. If this is the case with the other boots, don't buy them too big...I know because mine are slopping around my feet and I'm trying to decide what to do about it. My last pair fit perfectly, but my feet have shrunk (they got bigger during my child bearing years--must be the weight on my high instep or something). I should have paid more attention to the fit when I bought them.

:sad:

Thanks! I found some Bear Paws for them and me at Famous Footwear and they have the sheepskin lining. BOGO too so I was pretty pleased. I got 3 pairs and some slippers for $150, which I think is about the price of new Uggs.

The Ugg's info say they are to be worn without socks.

I have authentic Uggs, and I can't stand to wear them without socks. The lining is all bunched up (after about 4 years of wearing them), and it drives me nuts without socks.

Don't know if that relevant to the conversation, but I thought I'd throw in my two senses. ;)

PS. How are you Jean?

I have authentic Uggs, and I can't stand to wear them without socks. The lining is all bunched up (after about 4 years of wearing them), and it drives me nuts without socks.

Don't know if that relevant to the conversation, but I thought I'd throw in my two senses. ;)

PS. How are you Jean?

:)

Glad I came back to see your note! I'm not on the boards much anymore. My two older children commute to college everyday and my youngest is a hard working sophomore. I'm actually getting my life back again after 16 years of homeschooling--I'm cleaning my house (without the help of kids who may or may not do a serious job of it. LOL!), planning for family to visit around Christmas, and embroidering pillow cases for Christmas gifts, and spending time with the kids whenever they decide to stay up past midnight to chat.

We are getting a blizzard tonight.

:D

I love winter.

And you?

:) Jean

:)

Glad I came back to see your note! I'm not on the boards much anymore. My two older children commute to college everyday and my youngest is a hard working sophomore. I'm actually getting my life back again after 16 years of homeschooling--I'm cleaning my house (without the help of kids who may or may not do a serious job of it. LOL!), planning for family to visit around Christmas, and embroidering pillow cases for Christmas gifts, and spending time with the kids whenever they decide to stay up past midnight to chat.

We are getting a blizzard tonight.

:D

I love winter.

And you?

:) Jean

I'm doing well, thank you. I think of you often because I my ds does school with his cat on his lap, all day, every day. :) I have a zillion pictures of them doing school together. They remind me of your dd.

It's icy here, and windy, but no blizzard.

My oldest wants to try high school next year (9th). We're going to let her go, but something tells me she'll be back home. My ds is doing 6th, so he'll be home for awhile. Our little late-in-life-delight will keep me homeschooling for at least the next 9 years. It's hard to even imagine what will come after that. The thought of a clean house is quite enticing, though! :)

I resurrected a craft project that I put away when dd was born 13 years ago: a duplicate stitch "drifter" sweater, with a wintery village design. Maybe I'll get it done by next Christmas!

Are you still blogging? I've been out of touch, and haven't "visited" you in awhile. Haven't been on here for months, until recently. I guess I should go check out your blog . . .

Bye!

Are you still blogging? I've been out of touch, and haven't "visited" you in awhile. Haven't been on here for months, until recently. I guess I should go check out your blog . . .

Bye!

Glad you are doing well. I took a long break from my blog, and just now am getting back to posting. I think I needed to rethink life a bit. Sometimes life gets in the way of internet time. :001_smile:

Blessings.

I think it depends on how long you expect them to last. If they are cheapies, and/or your girls are growing fast...I wouldnt worry about the socks. If you want them to last a few winters, socks will help them stay fresh.

I jsut threw out a pair I have had a couple of years. Ideally, I wear socks with them. In reality, it didnt always happen.