Menu

My 20th anniversary is coming up this month

What about making a weekend getaway?

Our 20th anniversary is next year and we're going to return to the place where we went on our honeymoon!

Thankfully, we were broke back then and went to a beach resort just a few hours away from where we live now. So we're going to return there again for that weekend. Our oldest will be able to stay home with her younger siblings.

Luckily, we didn't honeymoon someplace extravagant like Hawaii! :lol: So it'll be easy to visit there again.

We are going for a weekend to the place we had our honeymoon. http://forresthillsresort.com/index.php/North-Georgia-Honeymoons-and-Romantic-Getaways/ My sister lives about an hour from there so she is watching the kids for us. DH wants me to look for a 20 anniversary diamond but I think I'd rather spend the money on a new bedroom set. He doesn't mind, whichever I prefer but, I am more practicle. He'll probably still suprise me with an anniversary diamond.

We went to Sweden! One of our parish family is from there--has a beautiful house on Svartso, in the Swedish islands.

Can you go somewhere?

Well, I'd like to go somewhere, but we just found out that my dh will start feeling the heat of California's budget disaster. His furlough days are going to cost us a few hundred dollars a month, so I should have mentioned in my OP that cheap ideas are preferred. I'm still interested in what other people did, even if it's stuff that makes me jealous like trips to Sweden. :tongue_smilie:

Edited by Mamabegood
typo - as usual.

We went on a cruise for our 20th and my dh bought me a 20th anniversary diamond while we were gone. I had a good friend who kept my kids. It was heaven.

If you have someone who can babysit, I would say go away somewhere - even if it's just for the weekend.