Menu

Hot Cocoa Mix help please!

Awhile back I had found an easy hot cocoa mix on the internet. It included unsweetened cocoa, nonfat dry powdered milk and regular sugar. I made up a big batch and the kids loved it.When we were finished with that mix I decided to try another that called for confectioner's sugar rather than regular sugar. My kids hated this mix!I have tried and tried to find the original recipe and I cannot find it!! Do any of you know of a hot cocoa mix recipe that calls for the just those ingredients I listed -- no non-dairy creamers or anything else. Seriously, it was SO SIMPLE and SO GOOD!Not only do I want this for my family, but I was hoping/planning to make it for gifts this year and can't find that recipe anywhere.THANKS!!!

Someone gave me this recipe for mint hot cocoa & you could leave out the candy canes. It has more of a dark chocolate flavor to me...very good though. I've got a few others in my files if this isn't it.

1 cup powdered milk

1 cup cocoa

1 cup sugar

½ cup mini chocolate chips

1 tsp. salt

½ cup crushed candy canes

Awhile back I had found an easy hot cocoa mix on the internet. It included unsweetened cocoa, nonfat dry powdered milk and regular sugar.

I had that recipe for years, and haven't made it for a long time either!

it had equal parts of cocoa and sugar, and 2 cups of powdered milk. Does that help? (I'm thinking it was 1/2 cup of cocoa and 1/2 cup of sugar but my memory is vague...)

its really easy to make and really doesn't require any recipe. I just heat up some milk and add a spoon of cocoa powder. I find that for about 3-4 cups of milk I can use just 1 spoonful of cocoa powder. Then i just add sugar to my preffrence. If you wanna try a mix I would say try using the same amount of milk powder to make about 8 cups of milk to 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder. Add sugar to suit your taste. I also add a pinch of salt. I find that that balances the hot cocoa. I also like to add cinnamon and vanilla but again that's a prefference.

Okay, I just found one and we tried it and it's the good one. Here it is:2 cups powdered milk1 cup sugar1/2 cup cocoa powder1/4 tsp saltI'm going to file your other recipes away for use as well.Thanks so much!

How do you make a drink out of this? Just add hot water? What proportions?

pls and thanks!

Yes, you just heat up water and add about 3 TBS of the dry mix. I'm putting on my instructions on those I'm giving as gifts to begin with 3 TBS and then go from there either adding or decreasing per individual taste. If you put a dollop of whipped cream on top it's wonderful (IMHO)!

Yes, about 8 oz of water, give or take. Really, it's all to taste. My kids probably don't use as much powder mix as I do, but my hubby probably uses more. Start with 8 oz of water and use a leveled off 3 TBS. Then try it and decide if it's too much, too little or just right.

Yes, about 8 oz of water, give or take. Really, it's all to taste. My kids probably don't use as much powder mix as I do, but my hubby probably uses more. Start with 8 oz of water and use a leveled off 3 TBS. Then try it and decide if it's too much, too little or just right.

Thank you. Some recipes call for 6 oz, but most call for 8. I just wanted to make sure.

I'm sure we will be fooling around with it a little and making it our own! A little vanilla maybe?