Menu

I need a website with information on how to properly make a bibliography.

Check out www.knightcite.com They have a ton of information and will make your citations for you. Warning though..... check all the little details when it comes to the citations. There were some changes made this year to proper citations and knightcite hasnt been able to get all the glitches worked out.

If you need basic info I belive Cornell has a writing lab (or maybe its Perdu??) with a lot of helps, articles, etc.

Check out www.knightcite.com They have a ton of information and will make your citations for you. Warning though..... check all the little details when it comes to the citations. There were some changes made this year to proper citations and knightcite hasnt been able to get all the glitches worked out.

If you need basic info I belive Cornell has a writing lab (or maybe its Perdu??) with a lot of helps, articles, etc.

Also make sure you know what format to do it in: MLA, APA, or Chicago, as they are different.

:iagree:

I'm in college right now, and all of my classes have required a different format. It's rather annoying LOL.

I understand. I'm used to doing APA, but the paper I'm writing- right this minute- is requiring MLA.

35 minutes to go to turn this in (online). :glare: It's a book report, but I have not read the whole book. Thankfully, it's on Google books (snippets), so I can search the book there for specific things, then look it up in my book to get the context.

Edited by Renai
adding info

Thank you in advance!

The citation machine type sites are nice, but it's important to know how to do it properly yourself, too. The automatic generators sometimes make mistakes, and the only way to find them is to know what to look for. I teach a college research skills class, and this site is my all-time favorite (and got me through college and grad school!).

http://owl.english.purdue.edu/

I understand. I'm used to doing APA, but the paper I'm writing- right this minute- is requiring MLA.

35 minutes to go to turn this in (online). :glare: It's a book report, but I have not read the whole book. Thankfully, it's on Google books (snippets), so I can search the book there for specific things, then look it up in my book to get the context.

I've always used MLA and now my graduate school courses require APA. It's counter intuitive to me. I mean, not capitilizing the main words in a book title? I also find the parenthesis in the text distracting.

The citation machine type sites are nice, but it's important to know how to do it properly yourself, too. The automatic generators sometimes make mistakes, and the only way to find them is to know what to look for. I teach a college research skills class, and this site is my all-time favorite (and got me through college and grad school!).

This is a great site - highly recommended from all of my English Professors.

Plus, if you are just getting the kids used to doing citations, you can pick up last year's MLA guides and style guides super cheap at places like Borders. There is great information on citing in all of the different styles plus tonz of good information on writing research papers. Found the 2008 MLA guide at my Borders for $3.

LOVE this site. In fact, they even found errors in the most recent APA publication manual (which I just bought:tongue_smilie: ). Had I gone with what the "official" book said, I would have messed up the running head of my paper I just turned in.:glare:

LOVE this site. In fact, they even found errors in the most recent APA publication manual (which I just bought:tongue_smilie: ). Had I gone with what the "official" book said, I would have messed up the running head of my paper I just turned in.:glare:

Everyone hates the new APA guide. Not sure what they were thinking. :confused: Our department is moving to MLA next year because of it.