Menu

The Road Movie..does anyone know

I was going to post a poll on this -- "Who is brave enough to watch The Road?" when I saw your post from a couple of days ago.

You all are braver than I am...reading is one thing, watching The Bad Guys on screen is another. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I couldn't sleep for DAYS after reading this book (on my dh's recommendation. Bad DH! Bad DH!). Even with Viggo as The Man and the fact that the book is a masterpiece (weird punctuation and all), there's no way I'm going into the theater to see this!

Getting good reviews, though.

I was going to post a poll on this -- "Who is brave enough to watch The Road?" when I saw your post from a couple of days ago.

You all are braver than I am...reading is one thing, watching The Bad Guys on screen is another. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I couldn't sleep for DAYS after reading this book (on my dh's recommendation. Bad DH! Bad DH!). Even with Viggo as The Man and the fact that the book is a masterpiece (weird punctuation and all), there's no way I'm going into the theater to see this!

Getting good reviews, though.

I have not read the book, my dh did. I read this review, and it didn't seem as bad as some of the stuff he said was in the book. I think I will go with him, but we might not have anyone to watch the kids anyway. Do you know anything about if it will be released more cities later?

http://www.pluggedin.com/en/movies/InTheaters/Road.aspx

I'm halfway through the book, and don't think I'll be finishing it. I couldn't sleep the other night after reading The Bad Guy scene, and everything after it.

I love the characters, the relationship between The Man and The Boy. I hate hate hate the desperation, the fear, the suffering, terrified, starving child, etc etc.

Have any of you managed to finish it? I've not met a woman who has read it. Only men, and I'd think there'd be a difference reading it as a man. A man can connect with the father's character, I imagine. I can only relate to the child, and I don't think I can stand it.

I read it as someone's pick in a book club I was a part of, and I really enjoyed it overall. I did have to do some serious praying at the Bad Guy section that night going to bed, but I slept no problem. I was taken by the sparseness of the writing, even though he's descriptive, and also by the whole "do they get to where they are safe?" tension. Yes, the dad and son have a very interesting relationship, but I think mothers are no less challenged to imagine whether or not they could cope in an environment like the one described in the book.

Overall, I loved it, but couldn't necessarily recommend it to all and sundry, know what I mean?

Nancy.