Menu

Don't forget to make turkey carsass soup out of your turkey carcass.

As a public service I'm bumping this thread.

Bill

:thumbup1:

Very thoughtful of you.

I do not like turkey soup.

I do not like turkey stock.

I didn't like it when I made it last year. We had our Thanksgiving at my cousin's. I then had to buy myself a turkey because it just isn't right that I have no left-overs, :tongue_smilie: so I am cooking that tomorrow.

:thumbup1:

Very thoughtful of you.

I didn't like it when I made it last year. We had our Thanksgiving at my cousin's. I then had to buy myself a turkey because it just isn't right that I have no left-overs, :tongue_smilie: so I am cooking that tomorrow.

Turkey-carcass soup is why I make my own turkey the weekend after Turkey Day (which we go to my grandparents' house for every year).

Ha. That's exactly why I bought a turkey this morning and cooked it today!

Has anyone done it with a smoked turkey? That's what we had this year. I have the carcass waiting in the fridge but wasn't sure if it would give an off flavor to the soup...or maybe it would be great for beans or a smoked sausage and kale soup???

I think your thinking is sound!

Bill (who wishes he could have a little sample when it's done)

Okay, my turkey stock cooked about 10 hours today and when I tasted it just now it's YUMMY!!! Needs some salt. I don't actually taste the smoky-ness. I'm sorta bummed about that, but when my kids started smelling it cooking they begged me to make turkey and dumplings with it! I should have plenty of stock left over to freeze.