Menu

Found out today the someone filed a formal noise complaint against us to the condo

. . . . association. We are too loud from early in the morning to till 11:00 at night!! I don't know if this is just for a particular day or if this person has been listening to us live for the past 3 months and has finally had it!!

Anyone else home all day with kids in an apartment and condo - any hints on how I can keep the noise down? Wow - I know at times the kids can get unruly and loud, but I didn't think we were that bad!!

Do you have downstairs neighbors? I found when I lived in an apartment that the worse noise was from feet. I would guess kids would make a lot of foot stomping noise compared to adults.

If you find out that your neighbors sleep during the day maybe you could keep the kids away from that side of the condo.

Maybe a white noise machine? I don't know if they would help any.

Carpets on the floor, lots of fabric covered furniture to muffle the sound. The emptier a space - the more sound will echo.

Is there a way to find out who filed the complaint? Perhaps you can find out what the exact problem is - it is yelling or music or dog or feet? Then you can directly address it. Maybe you just have a grouchy neighbor!:tongue_smilie:

Carpets on the floor, lots of fabric covered furniture to muffle the sound. The emptier a space - the more sound will echo.

Is there a way to find out who filed the complaint? Perhaps you can find out what the exact problem is - it is yelling or music or dog or feet? Then you can directly address it. Maybe you just have a grouchy neighbor!:tongue_smilie:

We'll try to find out more info, but we leave in the morning and will be away till Sunday maybe that will make them happy. I'm a little worried as to what exactly they are hearing! So will investigate when we get back. Maybe we'll have to bring down some holiday baking!

Agreeing with others. I would try to gather more specific information.

I lived that life. I had a 1 year old who was learning to walk, stumbled, climbed stuff, and fell down A LOT. Every little noise would upset the downstairs neighbor. AGHGHH. So stressful.

We finally moved it got so horrible.

I'm hoping you find a reasonable solution.