Menu

ACT Test... Any good web sites for writing test prompts or sample tests?

A friend's son will be taking the ACT test next month. He's been going through the ACT test prep book he bought but he's at the point where he's going over stuff he's already done.

Does anyone know of any good web sites with samples? Especially for the writing test?

Thanks,

Sue

We also used the youtube videos that OLG posted the link for above (for the ACT science section).

However, you will need the 2007-2008 test prep booklet, which is a little hard to find now. Here is a link for it: http://www.eric.ed.gov/ERICWebPortal/custom/portlets/recordDetails/detailmini.jsp?_nfpb=true&_&ERICExtSearch_SearchValue_0=ED499163&ERICExtSearch_SearchType_0=no&accno=ED499163

Virtually all the links for the free test prep booklets now take you to the 2009-2010 version. You will need 2007-2008 to track with the excellent youtube videos. I'd save the PDF of the test on your computer if you plan to use it in the future. It was hard to track down when I tried to find it on the web recently.

Hope you find it as helpful as my ds did. :)

~Brigid

Edited by Brigid in NC

Just an FYI on the ACT essay: When dd#1 took it, the questions were about "social" issues like dress codes or vending machines in hs, not a literary comparison or the like. I'd guess they just want to see that the student can string together a decent essay under a time constraint. Remember the essay isn't reflected in the English score for them, just the multiple choice.