Menu

Co-Op Class Idea

mom31257

I am in the planning process for our winter session at our new co-op. We have a 30 minute time period that we need to fill. The students are K-2nd grade. Would anyone have some suggestions? I have a few mom's willing to help, it's just nailing down a topic. Thanks for any suggstions!

Here's what we have going thus far:

Five in a Row

Game Time (traditional group games)

Spanish Songs and Stories

Math Games (group games)

Boys: Science Experiments

Girls: Natural Spa (make your own natural products)

What about art? Discovering Great Artists is fun. You bring in a couple of examples of an artists art work and then try some of their methods. This could be done in 30 minutes, but it would need to be organized.

If that seems too messy, then what about some of the art lessons in "I can Do all things"? It's very straight forward and easy to use.

Other ideas:

Drama

Choir

Memory work period

Good luck!

We have a Dr. Seuss class at ours. The teacher reads a Dr. S. book, then we do any activities that correspond w/the book. She finds all of the lesson plans online easily, and activities have ranged from games about opposites, rhyming, patterning, some phonics (the "B" book), feelings, and colors. You can do a lot w/these!

Also, what about a Show and Tell class, to give them public speaking and question asking practice? 30 min. would be a good time slot for that.

HTH!

Thanks so much! I've spoken with the mom who will be teaching and we're going to do the Show and Tell suggestion. She works and homeschools, so it is also a great suggestion because of the prep time with other subjects.

I'd still love to hear others in case we need more later!

Be Blessed! : )

:iagree: Don't exclude the girls from doing the science experiments. Science was/is my favorite subject and my daughter LOVES the experiments we do at home!

It isn't that we are excluding them. I love science, too. In fact, I'm going to be teaching that class. Our co-op is taught by all the mothers. One of them wanted to teach a class with all the girls K and up making these all natural products. We had to come up with something just for the boys while the girls are in that class. I'm going to have the K-2nd. Another mother is doing a separate class with the 3rd and up boys.