Menu

Dixit (Games Magazine's Best New Party Game) -- any first hand reviews?

Wish I could help. Instead I am keeping an eye on this thread.

Kareni, I thought that I'd mention that my niece who introduced us to Apples to Apples years ago loves the game Things that we gave her. Whenever the two families have gotten together in the last two years or so, Things has been our post dinner game. Apparently my nieces friends are equally fond of it. Are you familiar?

Jane

I do not have the game, (sorry) but I wanted to chime in and say that I have found the Games Magazine reviews to be quite reliable. We bought "Go Nuts"- the one Games gave their best party game award to last year, and have loved it. It's simple, fun, and quick to play. (Read: excellent for just before bedtime.)

If you do buy the game, I'm sure there would be plenty of folks here who would be interested in *your* review! :bigear:

-Robin

Jane,

We gave Things to my sister and her family, and it has been a hit there, too. It's a very fun game. One of our family's favorite games is Wise and Otherwise which has some similarities with Things though in Wise and Otherwise the goal is to make up the endings of obscure sayings.

Robin,

Thanks for chiming in, too. I have enjoyed reading Games Magazine's "Best Games of the Year" for quite some time and have found some real winners there also. Thanks for the recommendation of Go Nuts! What ages would you say it's best suited for?

Regards,

Kareni

Jane,

We gave Things to my sister and her family, and it has been a hit there, too. It's a very fun game. One of our family's favorite games is Wise and Otherwise which has some similarities with Things though in Wise and Otherwise the goal is to make up the endings of obscure sayings.

Wise and Otherwise looks like a blast. Thanks for the idea.

Jane,

Thanks for chiming in, too. I have enjoyed reading Games Magazine's "Best Games of the Year" for quite some time and have found some real winners there also. Thanks for the recommendation of Go Nuts! What ages would you say it's best suited for?

Regards,

Kareni

Go Nuts is one of those games that a 5 year old could play easily. It is a dice game and entirely about chance, so it has a rather addictive and fun element for adults, too. (Just one more roll. I just know I can get a few more points.....:D)

-Robin

My DD is 5 but cannot read yet......do you think that Go Nuts would still be okay for her to be able to play? I'd love to put this game in her stocking.

Absolutely. Counting skills are required, but not reading. Another good "pre-reading" game is Moose in the House. Both games come in boxes that are just a bit larger than a deck of cards, so they would fit perfectly in a stocking.

-Robin