Menu

HS Tracker Plus - Another cheaper option?

MommyJo

Okay ladies, I have been using Homeschool Tracker Basic for quite some time and although it's nice, it just doesn't have everything we need. I have looked over the plus and it looks to have everything I could want and desperately need at this time. With our umbrella school, they require immaculate records and things that most don't. However, that's the one reason I chose to use them. I know they are really keeping track of my child's progress. I'm starting to worry though because on paper, I'm not very organized right now. With everything that's going on in my life, and trust me, it's more than the average woman should ever have to deal with, I just can't seem to get it together. I have looked into selling things to get the Plus version and there just doesn't seem to be a way for me to purchase it at this time. With that being said, is there any other way I can get everything together? I am a more computer tech person than sitting down and trying to draw up tables and charts, etc. I have looked everywhere but it looks like HST+ is my only option that fits our needs. I really like the way I can just type things in and then print them, file them, and I'm done.

Are there any planners (cost is a BIG issue right now) that I could use or what have you used that's worked? I have found numerous sheets you can print off but then I can't seem to get it set up correctly and easy to use once everything is printed. I'm starting to worry we may not be able to continue homeschooling if I don't start getting everything on track. I have to turn in a lot of records come January and I'm worried it's not going to happen. Please help!

Edited by MommyJo

Gosh! I didn't realize it had gone up to $50! I bought it for $35 5 or 6 years ago. But the pp is right, I get unlimited FREE upgrades. It's totally worth it. AND I get free tech support pretty much round the clock. If you go to the forums with a question, Katie pretty much answers within the hour. There's a learning curve, but it's totally worth it once you get the hang of it.

Blessings!

Dorinda

Q-

Do any of these programs work in a way that if you plan the full year in advance and then later want to add a day off or field trip and need all the lessons to shift up a day, can it do it???

I have been doing the weekly printed paper planner and I plan out the year, but then it always ends up with arrows all over from things needing to be moved due to changes in the "plan".

I would like something free if possible that I can enter in everything I want to get done in a school year and then will bump things for me when I need it to. And I would like to print out a week plan for myself with all kiddo info as well as an individual plan for each child to check off. Any of these programs do all this???

Q-

Do any of these programs work in a way that if you plan the full year in advance and then later want to add a day off or field trip and need all the lessons to shift up a day, can it do it???

I have been doing the weekly printed paper planner and I plan out the year, but then it always ends up with arrows all over from things needing to be moved due to changes in the "plan".

I would like something free if possible that I can enter in everything I want to get done in a school year and then will bump things for me when I need it to. And I would like to print out a week plan for myself with all kiddo info as well as an individual plan for each child to check off. Any of these programs do all this???

Yes, you can do all of that with Homeschool Tracker +.

I am even more convinced I definately need the Homeschool Tracker Plus. I guess I am just going to have to sell some items that we are not using. Until I can get things sold though I may just try the homeschool skedtrack. The only thing I worry about is if a server goes down or some technical issues come up, I do not want to be without my planning tools. It is worth giving a try though. Thank you so much for all your help! What is the yahoo group that has the lesson plans you can input? I know with EduTrack you can do that but I just really do not like the bland look to it. Homeschool Tracker Plus just looks better visually to me. I guess it is over to the for sale boards so I can get it!! Thanks ladies!!

I think I may give Sked Track a try because I like that things are undated which means a lot less rescheduling for me. That was one of the hassles with HST+ that I had. Sometimes it worked great and other times it ended up a huge mess.

You can download some lesson plans for HST+ from the yahoo groups.

Here's the main group

To get the lesson plans you must be signed up with the main group and then all the subject specific groups. You get the actual lesson plans from the subject specific groups, but have to be a member of the main group to join them.

I was able to get some, but things like Sonlight or Winterpromise etc. That are a purchased schedule are not allowed in the yahoo group because of copyright issues.