Menu

I feel like I'm pampering myself but I'm really not...

How messed up are my priorities? I am finally taking myself to long overdue appointments. I feel as if I'm pampering myself. I hadn't been to the GYN in over 3 years so I scheduled myself at the GYN spa. I hadn't been to the dentist in...let's just say...awhile. So, I finally had my luxury dental cleaning and fillings. It's been awhile since I went to my PCP for a checkup. I went and had the works including an ultra extravagant flu shot.

The kids go regularly to the doctor and dentist for check ups. Why oh why do I feel privileged when *I* go?

How messed up are my priorities? I am finally taking myself to long overdue appointments. I feel as if I'm pampering myself. I hadn't been to the GYN in over 3 years so I scheduled myself at the GYN spa. I hadn't been to the dentist in...let's just say...awhile. So, I finally had my luxury dental cleaning and fillings. It's been awhile since I went to my PCP for a checkup. I went and had the works including an ultra extravagant flu shot.

The kids go regularly to the doctor and dentist for check ups. Why oh why do I feel privileged when *I* go?

siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh. I can SO relate. I was just thinking - how long has it been since I'vw been to the dentist? I'm a year behind on the gyn and mammo. But if the kids need something - I don't hesitate!

Know what a REAL luxury is? Shaving BOTH legs in ONE DAY!!!

:001_huh:

How messed up are my priorities? I am finally taking myself to long overdue appointments. I feel as if I'm pampering myself. I hadn't been to the GYN in over 3 years so I scheduled myself at the GYN spa. ...

I thought you were serious for a moment, and wondered if there was a GYN spa in my area...

Know what a REAL luxury is? Shaving BOTH legs in ONE DAY!!!

:001_huh:

ROFL!!! :lol: That is so very true! Getting to use something more than soap as a shaving lotion is a bonus!

The crazy part is that by the time I get the sitter so I can GO to the appointments, make the appointment, and get my schedule arranged, I feel so guilty about leaving the kid(s) that I do the appointment and run straight back home because heaven forbid I stop and get myself a coffee or go to the grocery store or the drug store on the way!

Ha! I did the same thing this summer. My dh was on deployment and was gone all summer. My kids went to VBS for 3 hours for one week. I pampered myself and saw my gyn, dentist and got my hair cut. the other two days I did go shopping and just relaxed. By the end of the week i was actually feeling guilty, why, I don't know.:001_huh: :lol: