Menu

camis that cover?

My 13 year old loves to wear the lower cut shirts with a cami under it for coverage. She prefers the camis not tank tops or shirts.

She's not an overlarge bust size (34B) but we can't fine camis that actually give much more coverage than the original shirt. Esp if she bends over or is actively moving.

Any ideas suggestions for places to buy more coverage camis for coverage?

Thanks

nandell

The best place to get camis, imho, is Down East Outfitters. They are long enough to cover the midriff!

http://www.downeastbasics.com/teesandcamis.aspx

I found out about these folks when I was working with a youth camp. All the counselors had these. This store caters to the LDS community, and they are all about the modesty. ("Modest is the hottest," remember.)

give her coverage when she's active or bending forward?My dd's always looks good on when she's standing upright' date=' etc.

It's just when she's active and such that we notice the modesty issue. (ok, honestly I notice the issue--she doesn't see it)[/quote']

...and also they are plenty long--DD has a longish torso and needs a fair amount of length to keep her midriff covered. We were both so glad when long tops came back into style. She does wear a bra under them because she feels more comfortable that way, but I would not require that--it's her choice. They seem plenty concealing and sort of lightly supportive to me, just all by themselves.

give her coverage when she's active or bending forward?My dd's always looks good on when she's standing upright' date=' etc.

It's just when she's active and such that we notice the modesty issue. (ok, honestly I notice the issue--she doesn't see it)[/quote']

My dd doesn't seem to notice either. :glare: I have to tell her or sometimes I just reach over and adjust her shirt. Even after we've made sure she's covered, (before going out in something) some things don't always stay put. Very frustrating!

If you buy a pack of camis in the underwear department, they seem to come up a little higher. My dd has the same issues. She is 12 and a 32C. I'm not sure of the brand (Hanes, I think), but they come in packs of whites or assorted colors.

I never thought of this. What a great idea!