Menu

I just want to say a big, sincere "Thank You" to SWB and the Hive

I'm so thankful that we have this place to come to bring our honest questions and sometimes constructive criticism. I have been here for a couple of years now and although I don't post as often as many of you out there, I do a bit of lurking. I learn something each and every time I visit, as there is such a wealth of information from your combined experiences and knowledge.

I recently posted some honest questions and constructive criticism as an end user at Yahoo group that I've joined this year (which supports a particular homeschool curriculum that shall remain nameless). When I posted this week, my style of communication was no different than I use here, yet I was scolded by the moderator for being so negative! My goodness, I had no idea I was being a rebel at all. I was just asking some questions and sharing input on how SOME parts the curriculum were working for us so far. Even though I also included very positive remarks in my posts about things that I really love about the materials, I was evidently breaking the rules in my posts.

So now I'm realizing more than ever how fortunate we all are to have this place to come to. I just want to say a huge, "THANK YOU" to SWB and the team for allowing a place for us to ask honest questions and sometimes post constructive criticism when we need to. Having this resource is so valuable! I know there are challenges that go along with this, but the result is so worth it. Because we can be open, honest and frank when we need to be, there is a greater opportunity to learn and grow.

Blessings,

Lucinda

:iagree: I've come on gone a lot over the years choosing mostly to lurk when we first started hs-ing and a bit before. But whenever I need something (information on a text, book, style, or support, or crockpot info, or just about anything), I come here and lo and behold, there it is. It would definitely be a much different road to travel if it wasn't for these boards.

So, most definitely, THANK YOU!

:iagree: I've come on gone a lot over the years choosing mostly to lurk when we first started hs-ing and a bit before. But whenever I need something (information on a text, book, style, or support, or crockpot info, or just about anything), I come here and lo and behold, there it is. It would definitely be a much different road to travel if it wasn't for these boards.

So, most definitely, THANK YOU!

I am so with you on this, Laura! I'm almost sorry I came to the Hive first because now I compare other forums to it and none of the others have come close yet.

Blessings,

Lucinda