Menu

S/O Cleavage thread: Did anyone's Mom or Grandma keep her money in her

My grandma did! Actually... anything she could fit in there would go in there... haha. I have great memories of spending the night with my grandma and when it was time for bed - she'd walk to the side of her bed and just sort of lift her bra out and out would fall... change, money, receipts, notes, etc... No joke, she's had toys in there before! You know when two littles are bickering over a toy and the best thing to do is just remove said toy from the situation? Into the bra!

I now also keep things in my bra! Money, cell phone, grocery list, etc... If I don't have pockets or if it's because I'm still in my pj's! Hey, at least I have a bra on at all!!! :lol:

Great thread, good memories!

ETA: I've actually had change in my bra and went home - took my bra off - and the change was stuck to my books... after peeling the coins off I then had presidents faces on my books... LOL!

I also onetime I put an entire set of keys in my bra and you'd think that would be uncomfortable... but no, I forgot all about them and was surprised to find them later... Woops!

My grandma did! Actually... anything she could fit in there would go in there... haha. I have great memories of spending the night with my grandma and when it was time for bed - she'd walk to the side of her bed and just sort of lift her bra out and out would fall... change, money, receipts, notes, etc... No joke, she's had toys in there before! You know when two littles are bickering over a toy and the best thing to do is just remove said toy from the situation? Into the bra!

I now also keep things in my bra! Money, cell phone, grocery list, etc... If I don't have pockets or if it's because I'm still in my pj's! Hey, at least I have a bra on at all!!! :lol:

Great thread, good memories!

ETA: I've actually had change in my bra and went home - took my bra off - and the change was stuck to my books... after peeling the coins off I then had presidents faces on my books... LOL!

I also onetime I put an entire set of keys in my bra and you'd think that would be uncomfortable... but no, I forgot all about them and was surprised to find them later... Woops!

ROFL This had me roaring! Thanks for the laugh I needed it! :D :lol::lol:

Did anyone's grandpa keep his cash in his undies?

Just curious! :)

EWWWWWW!! ROFL I don't even want to think about that! My grandpa wouldn't be caught dead doing something like that, but he was funny in his own right. He was a very tall very elegant and always immaculately groomed and dressed Spanish man. He carried a handkerchief always like the proper gentleman that he was and his wallet too in his trouser pockets but the one nerdy thing that he always did that was so cute was to have a pocket protector for his shirt pocket with a comb, his eye glasses case and a pen. ;) :D Ay, I miss my grandpa! He and his father were the two greatest men I have ever known!

I recently read the book "The Thing Around Your Neck" by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, and in one of the stories, the narrator's brother gets in trouble and is arrested but is able to bribe his way out of jail with some money he's cleverly, er, secreted before arrest and is able to produce during a cavity search. Ahem.

Clearly a bra is classier.

... years ago, when I was a big, bad family-busting social worker for the State of New Jersey (sort of, it was a contracted agency, but whatever)...

Anyway, I had a particularly rough client in a particularly rough area of a particularly rough city, and she had a, shall we say, "home-based business" in her basement that involved young men doing "chemistry experiments" and selling said chemical products. Everyone knew this was happening, in full view of me, during supervised visits and in-home evaluations.

It was a riot. Young men would drive up in a Lexus or Mercedes in the middle of the day, in the middle of the week. They would disappear into the basement, then return laden with brown paper lunch sacks full of something. Before hopping back into the Mercedes or Lexus, they would drop HUGE rolls of cash onto the kitchen table, which my client would then deposit in the ample space between her booKs inside her bra. She had a large bank account, in many ways....

This was also the house at which I personally witnessed young (2, 3, and 4 year old) children watching cartoons in the living room while two of their caregivers were having (noisy and boisterous) "tea" on the sofa next to them. Since the children were not in the least bit interested in the "tea," I suppose doing it on the sofa was a normal part of life for this family. :glare:

This is a great thread! :lol:

My step-mom always had a hanky stashed somewhere, either in her bra or a rolled up sleeve. I think my grandma may have too.

When we went to Disney a few years ago my husband insisted that I caring my phone in my jeans pocket since I wouldn't be able to hear it ring. I couldn't convince him that I my phone would not fit in my pockets, which turned into a discussion on the cut of female jeans that he just couldn't understand. I guess the whole argument could have been avoided if I stuck the darn thing in my bra!