Menu

mummified chicken

Susie in CA

Where does the hive keep the chicken while it is sitting in the salt mixture? I just don't know what to do with it now that we got in freezer bags.

Thanks so much.

Susie

I kept mine in the laundry room...just in case it started to smell. It never did smell though. We've done the chicken twice and it was really fun for the kids! Have fun!

:iagree:

I read that project to my husband and we both had the same reaction! "lets skip that one" LOL I promised my son we would flood the Nile, but grass seed has sky-rocked here, so that never happened either.

We didn't grow anything. We just saw how the potting soil was distributed over the sand from the overflow.

We wrapped up a little aluminum foil mummy instead of actually mummifying something.

You ladies certainly are brave! I would do it I suppose, but my dd is completely freaked out over the mummy topic in our ancient history study. She is very bothered by the pictures in our Usborne Encyclopedia to the point that I've had to place stickies strategically on several pages so she doesn't have to look at them. I think she totally lose her lunch if we mummified a chicken!

:lol:

Blessings,

Lucinda

Lucinda,

I totally understand you daughter. My ds8 had no interest in doing it. Ds 10 is the one who loves this type of project. He did it without his brother.

Susie

You ladies certainly are brave! I would do it I suppose, but my dd is completely freaked out over the mummy topic in our ancient history study. She is very bothered by the pictures in our Usborne Encyclopedia to the point that I've had to place stickies strategically on several pages so she doesn't have to look at them. I think she totally lose her lunch if we mummified a chicken!

:lol:

Blessings,

Lucinda

Edited by Susie in CA

Mine never did smell. It just sat out on the counter until we got busy and had to leave it for a few months (well...6). It didn't really change anymore we just didn't have time to actually wrap it. We did do it right before we moved so the movers didn't question why we had a dead chicken in the kitchen:) It now looks like a cloth diapered chicken complete with safety pins holding on the the wrapping.