Menu

TOG price hike vs Cinccinatit Convention

Mom2jnb

I have not been to the Cinccinatti HS Convention in the past. I have no idea about prices of vendors etc.

What do you think.....should I get my TOG before 2/1 or should I hold off for the convention (March 27-29) and see if the price is better?

Any help and opinions will be appreciated,

Thank you,

Alison

Is there any way you can contact them to see whether they will have any discounts or specials for ordering at the convention? Some vendors don't - some don't even let you order at the convention.

The other thing is would you like to start using the materials before your convention? Either to preview and plan or to start actual school.

I have noticed at conventions that sometimes things are not marked down. Not sure of TOG, but I have seen other companies with the same price as on-line. You would think that they would like to discount it a little to give you a better deal. I have seen things at places like Rainbow Resource at a convention, cheaper than a vendor booth!

Good luck.

Kristine

Often vendors will have deals like free shipping, but it's not practical to discount their materials. It's QUITE expensive to rep at a convention, by the time you rent a booth, pay hotel fees, feed and salary your staff, etc. It's not at all unheard of for vendors (not at Cincy, but in general) to not even sell enough to meet their expenses. So I figure if I go to a convention and see something I want, I buy it from the person who made the effort and took the expense to show it to me, explain it, and help me decide.

As I recall at the Cincy convention last year, the TOG booth had both Marcia Somerville (awesome to meet her!) and users helping to rep. There's some kind of program that I'm not fully up on where the reps earn credits for their sales. I don't think there was any sort of discount or sale, except maybe free shipping. You'll also pay taxes on any sales at the convention. Like I said, if you need to see it in person to be sure, it's a good idea to wait till the convention. They may give you a code and let you order within a timeframe online and still get the free shipping or whatever the deal for the convention is.

I'm planning to be at the Cincy convention all three days and I'm sure others are too. We'll have to have another get together! :)

I have not been to the Cinccinatti HS Convention in the past. I have no idea about prices of vendors etc.

What do you think.....should I get my TOG before 2/1 or should I hold off for the convention (March 27-29) and see if the price is better?

Any help and opinions will be appreciated,

Thank you,

Alison

Hi... I can answer this.... TOG is not on sale at convention, they offer you free shipping, but no other price reduction. If you are going to buy this year, I would buy before 2/1.

HTH~