Menu

Prayers for 16yodd - she lost the baby

When I had my miscarriage (It was my first baby) my mom got me, from James Avery, this heart http://secure.jamesavery.com/jewelry/search/product/CM-1314/The-Heart-Remembers-Charm/

It says the heart remembers. I went ahead and named the baby even though it was an early miscarriage. She had it engraved on the back. It gave me something tangible to remember the baby by.

I know this is a tough time and you are all in my prayers.

This has stayed w/ me ever since first reading this thread. I haven't posted because I just don't know what to say. What a confusing, painful, awful thing.

But this idea? Beautiful. I think it would mean so much in this situation, & just hearing about your mother's compassion makes me feel as if someone has reached into my life & hugged me as well.

So...thank you, LA, for sharing.

And I'm so sorry for 16yo dd, mother, family--so sorry & sad. I wish I had words that could help somehow, but I at least wanted you to know I'm here w/ you, too. :grouphug:

This has stayed w/ me ever since first reading this thread. I haven't posted because I just don't know what to say. What a confusing, painful, awful thing.

But this idea? Beautiful. I think it would mean so much in this situation, & just hearing about your mother's compassion makes me feel as if someone has reached into my life & hugged me as well.

And I'm so sorry for 16yo dd, mother, family--so sorry & sad. I wish I had words that could help somehow, but I at least wanted you to know I'm here w/ you, too. :grouphug:

:iagree:

So sorry. You are all in my prayers.

:grouphug:

Yes miscarriage was something my mom understood well. She about 5 of them, plus a still born at 7 months and an ectopic pregnancy. I was newly married and it was my first baby. I can't tell you how much that charm meant to me. It gave me something tangible. With death usually you have memories and pictures of the love one, but with a miscarriage you don't and most people don't understand how much it hurts, because they didn't ever see or know your little one, but the mother knows the baby inside of her even if others don't. It can be very lonely. I grieved an entire year after my miscarriage. I've told others about the charm when they have had miscarriages and they have done the same (maybe not the same charm, but something they felt was special) and they named the baby too. It just really helps bring some closure and recognize that there was a little life in there, however brief it was.

Dd is doing very well with all of this. I believe she is sad, but relieved at the same time. I am sure that causes her some guilt, and I can't say I am not greatly saddened by the loss, but we all know that God knows what's best.

She said that she realizes that she doesn't need to be having a baby with someone who doesn't want any part of it, and that later, when she's married, she will be able to have a baby with someone who really WANTS it.

She also said that she was glad it happened now rather than later after she was further along. I mean let's face it, any miscarriage is a tough loss, but earlier is somewhat easier to get past.

Healthwise she seems fine. She has some final bloodwork tomorrow but the doctor feels like her HCG will be back to normal meaning that the miscarriage has progressed naturally and is complete.

I believe dd has really learned something from all of this, and I think it will make her grow as a person in several ways. I appreciate any continued prayer!