Menu

School names that reflect a CM approach?

anewday

Are you thinking of name for your own school? If so, then how about something like (your last name) Cottage Academy? :001_smile:

When I think of a CM school, I think Beatrix Potter. Have you seen the Peter Rabbit stories in movie version? They always start out with the storyteller out in the woods, working on a painting. It starts raining and she runs home to her cottage to pour some tea and begin writing....

PLEASE tell me you've seen these, Dawn! :D

Okay, maybe completely irrelevant to the motive behind your question.... :lol:

Are you thinking of name for your own school? If so, then how about something like (your last name) Cottage Academy? :001_smile:

When I think of a CM school, I think Beatrix Potter. Have you seen the Peter Rabbit stories in movie version? They always start out with the storyteller out in the woods, working on a painting. It starts raining and she runs home to her cottage to pour some tea and begin writing....

PLEASE tell me you've seen these, Dawn! :D

Okay, maybe completely irrelevant to the motive behind your question.... :lol:

Donna! LOL We have several of these...and I miss them. The girls are too old for them now and so far Ian hasn't taken to them.

Yes, thinking of a name for our school - we have to file for our state in another week...

Donna! LOL We have several of these...and I miss them. The girls are too old for them now and so far Ian hasn't taken to them.

Yes, thinking of a name for our school - we have to file for our state in another week...

Ours is John 15:5 Academy... not very CM'ish. Although maybe you could do something with the trees and the fruit there. You know, trees and fruit... nature study... CM....

Okay, maybe not. :001_rolleyes:

Guest Cindie2dds
Some ideas:

Ambleside Academy

Lakeside Academy

Nature Walk School

A Walk With Nature School

Child Light Academy

Adorable Chief Academy (adorable Chief was one of her names for Jesus)

Thanks for the inspiration! There is an Ambleside Academy about three hours from us (a real school), but it has the city's name attached to it. I never thought about doing this for my school name myself. I could just put my little town's name on it and, voila!

ETA: Well, it's actually call the Ambleside School of....., so I guess I was impressed and remembered it as "Academy" ;)

Edited by Cindie2dds

Ours is Blessed Company Academy. I got the idea from ch. 44 in 'A Charlotte Mason Companion'.

Chapter 44

School Motto

"In 1891, A school was started with no building to mark it's site. Instead of a building it consisted of the "blessed company" of children all over the world who used Charlotte Mason's home education program." pg.331

I also feel blessed by the company I keep everyday. We had a little vote and everyone liked it, I even choose a piece of artwork for our logo. The other school name we considered was Seven Cedars Academy, we have seven cedar trees in our yard.

Here is a link to the picture I use for our logo. I printed it out and put it on a burgundy backgroung with our school name underneath, I hung it up in our schoolroom. Song of the Angels by William Bouguereau I find the picture comforting.

I like how Seaside Academy sounds.

Good luck and have fun!

Monti

Ours is "Deus Primoris Academy". I was always impressed with CM's approach to teaching in a way that kept God and the amazement with His creation in the forefront of all schooling...and Deus Primoris means God first in Latin. That's my CM/Classical combo :001_smile:

What about a seemingly plain short english phrase translated into Latin?? Some are funny, some sound weird, and some some great. I'll give some random examples to show you what I mean. LOL Here's a good site for translations...

Vis Bulla Academy--- is Nature Studier Academy

Animus Palaestra Academy--- is Soul Training Academy

Schola Domi Academy--- School at Home Academy

I kinda like the third one :D