Menu

Fess up: what weird kitchen appliance or gizmo do you own that you rarely use...

They're also great for biscuits and crescent rolls--keeps the bottoms from getting overdone.

I agree, I haven't burned a single biscuit or crescent since using the stone. For some reason, the tops get brown before the bottoms.:confused:

Also thank you for mentioning the soap and porousness. Mine is like I said, very well seasoned and I just use a tiny bit of soap and run water over sponge first. I only use the soap after using the stone for something with a strong flavor like garlic bread as that leftover garlic butter just doesn't go well on cookies.

Okay people who use the apple peeler/corer/slicer thingy - how do you adjust it?!? I have one I intentionally bought for our once a year applesauce extravaganza (we buy a bushell or so of apples and make and can applsauce for 2-3 days). Instead of peeling the apples, the darned thing cuts the whole apple into a ribbon! A nice, pretty, long ribbon, true, but I need the peel removed!

Okay people who use the apple peeler/corer/slicer thingy - how do you adjust it?!? I have one I intentionally bought for our once a year applesauce extravaganza (we buy a bushell or so of apples and make and can applsauce for 2-3 days). Instead of peeling the apples, the darned thing cuts the whole apple into a ribbon! A nice, pretty, long ribbon, true, but I need the peel removed!

Does yours peel and cut into a ribbon, or just make a ribbon without removing the peel?

ETA: mine isn't Pampered Chef brand, but from the pictures I found online, it's almost identical. With mine (a NorPro), I can pare, peel and slice OR pare OR slice and core. Regarding the issue of yours not peeling--there is a part near the end, opposite the handle, that peels. It should be in the up position, near the circle that slices and cores. If it's left down it won't peel.

Edited by gardening momma

You go girl!!! Use that stone, they like abuse.:D To get you started go get a cake mix out of the cabinet, ( I like lemon best but they all work good) Mix the cake mix with 1/2 cup oil and 2 eggs, mix till it forms a big ball. Break off pieces and roll into little balls, about 1-1 1/2 inch balls and place on baking stone. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and then bake cookies for 12 minutes. Let them sit on stone to firm up and cool about 5 min and then remove to plate. These are so easy and they are good! My kids all like the devils food ones, sometimes with nuts added. These taste just like brownies.;)

Thank you. :) I'll have to try that. I don't have any cake mix in my house at the moment, but I'll pick some up next time I go out. :)

I have silicone cupcake "papers" - I'm not sure what they're called (never buy them, they're a pain to use and wash) and a Euro-chopper that has yet to chop anything. My bread machine has been used 2-3 times. We have a sandwich maker that I haven't used since Ariel was born, and even then it was almost exclusively for grilled cheese. Someone gave me a Pampered Chef baking stone for my wedding....I don't even remember where it is now. Probably in a box in the garage. Can you tell I never used it?