Menu

What would your hcp's office do?

Aggie

ETA: what is an HCP? Yikes...I meant PCP. Primary Care Physician.

Dh has a raging case of pink eye. He thought until last night that the itching was from allergies, but last night it got bad very quickly.

First thing this morning he calls for an appointment. Wednesday was the first available. Wednesday.

Dc and I rarely get sick, but we've never been put off for 4 business days for an appointment if we needed one.

I just can't get over this.

The ending of the story is that dh works in the ER, and one of the docs there called in a prescription for him right after he got to work. Thank goodness his infection is much better, but no thanks to his own physician.

Wow. Really? That many days?

Our doctor's office keeps several times open every day, for children that are sick.

Our dc are rarely sick, but when they are we've always gotten in on the same day. We've only had to wait for well-child- type visits or routine check-ups.

Yikes!

I'm glad to hear your husband was able to help, though. :001_smile:

I get pink eye once a year, every few years.

I just ride it out, TBH. (Well, actually I squirt breastmilk into my eye because we have such a large family that there is always someone lactating!)

I have siblings and cousins that are doctors, and other family that are RNs. They have always told me to ride it out a few days, and to only see a doctor if it doesn't start clearing up on its own. I've never had to go in for it, and it's always cleared up without antibiotics. I guess the prevailing thought in our family is that you don't know if it's bacterial or viral, and abx won't work on both. Or something like that. I don't know, but I take the word of anyone I shared a womb with LOL.

I think it's like ear infections - different people have different treatment styles. Some want abx right away, others have a wait-and-see approach. I'm glad you guys found someone who shared your approach :)

The few times I have been sick enough to need a doctor, I've had to go to a walk-in clinic because my primary dr.'s "first available opening is in 3 weeks". And the emergency appointments are all taken.

My dc, on the other hand, can see their ped. the same day that I call for a sick visit.

The same thing happened to me last week. Tuesday and Wednesday I used allergy drops thinking that allergies were causing my eyes to be red. Thursday evening I realized that it was more than allergies. Friday I went to my eye doctor (I go to the one in Sam's), walked across the store, and purchased a $4 bottle of eye drops.

I briefly considered going to the doctor and then it dawned on me that my eye doctor would be so much quicker!

HTH-

Mandy