Menu

Which talk radio show do you prefer?

Which talk radio show do you prefer?  

1. 1. Which talk radio show do you prefer?

• Rush Limbaugh
    • Sean Hannity
    • Michael Savage
    • Dr. Laura Schlessinger
    • Glenn Beck
    • Laura Ingraham
    • Mark Levin
    • Neal Boortz
    • Ed Schultz
    • Don Imus

Why? Because you don't agree with them? Or do you have a sound reason for such claim?

I don't think I actually agree with any of them completely and some I feel are *insane*

I also like NPR. I *love* Car Talk and Prairie Home Companion. I also enjoy Fresh Air, This American Life, Morning Edition, All Things Considered, and Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me.

I have several monologues from Prairie Home Companion on tape, I have a bit of a crush on Garrison Keillor. :lol:

Edited by Sis

I don't think I actually agree with any of them completely and some I feel are *insane*

I also like NPR. I *love* Car Talk and Prairie Home Companion. I also enjoy Fresh Air, This American Life, Morning Edition, All Things Considered, and Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me.

I have several monologues from Prairie Home Companion on tape, I have a bit of a crush on Garrison Keillor. :lol:

:iagree::iagree:

How could I forget Fresh Air???

NPR needs to be added to this poll. That way I can pick one and see the results, lol.

None of them. I don't recognize a couple, and I think some the remaining are seriously insane, to the point of needing medical intervention, while the others are merely ignorant yahoos.

How about Pacifica's Democracy Now? Pacifica has always been way ahead of the curve.

I've always thought that Democracy Now was the most insipid and ingnorant "sixties" style radio show I've ever heard. Also very misleading...

...."Lets just leave out the facts because they are unimportant. Anectodal and hypothetical evidence is better"....

type show

I can't recall how many times I've said "are they on drugs?" while listening to that show. Talk about medical intervention....are they medicall intervening themselves?:tongue_smilie:

Like someone said on the radio yesterday......you can't lie on radio for three hours everyday before people start figuring it out......The shows that have credibility and the huge research staffs to check facts are the ones on top.

IMHO

Why? Because you don't agree with them? Or do you have a sound reason for such claim?

Sadly, it is easier to insult than to truly discuss an issue or point out valid details. ;) So... don't agree with a host... he's nuts.

In my little world.... NPR makes me furious. I try to listen... but flip around and find Levin or driving music. As a strong leaning conservative, I have to say that they are in no way balanced, but they speak softly & smart.... it is easy to nod & agree. However, I think they have intelligent people on staff, but they are HEAVY left leaning with a sprinkle of moderate & an occassional conservative guest. I would not say they are insane... thoughtful.... just on the other side of the aisle in DC lingo.

Crude & loud are very different than just being conservative. . Sadly, most who do not listen to talk radio lump them all together. The radio & internet are my only news sources. We dropped TV b/c it was getting more & more ridiculous, expensive & family unfriendly. We depend upon Talk Radio & Drudge!

Also, most people to whom I talk often say that they "hate a host" have never listened to them & get many facts from mainstream networks who don't/can't really work for news (not sure about here, but personal conversations)... many media groups just stir up junk they hear on talk shows... and this is the talk radio world to most viewers.

Dr. Laura has some sage advice. Things my Mom & Grandma knew... but her callers "scare the heck out of me"..... so degenerate, so sad, or absolutely clueless.... terrifying program. I dont' know how she does it... she is tough to handle that stuff.:001_huh:

Edited by Dirtroad

Sadly, it is easier to insult than to truly discuss an issue or point out valid details. ;) So... don't agree with a host... he's nuts.

In my little world.... NPR makes me furious. They are in no way balanced, but they speak softly & smart.... it is easy to nod & agree. However, I think they have intelligent people on staff, but they are HEAVY left leaning. I would not say they are insane... just on the other side of the aisle in DC lingo.

Crude & loud are very different than just being conservative. Huge difference. Sadly, most who do not listen to talk radio lump them all together. The radio & internet are my only news sources. We dropped TV b/c it was getting more & more ridiculous, expensive & family unfriendly. Got to have talk radio & DRUDGE!:lol:

Also, most people to whom I talk "hate" a host have never listened to them & get many facts from mainstream networks who can't really work for news (not sure about here, but personal conversations)... many media groups just stir up junk they hear on talk shows... and this is the talk radio world to most viewers. I hated Rush until I took the 2 week challenge to listen... been hooked for almost 17 years!

Dr. Laura has some sage advice. Things my Mom & Grandma knew... but her callers "scare the heck out of me"..... so degenerate or absolutely clueless.... terrifying.:001_huh:

:001_smile:

I like when they read stories on NPR, but that's about it.

I agree with your summation. I am somewhat surprised by the Michael Savage comments. I do think that he is an acquired taste, but he is a very smart man with many valid points.

:001_smile:

I like when they read stories on NPR, but that's about it.

I agree with your summation. I am somewhat surprised by the Michael Savage comments. I do think that he is an acquired taste, but he is a very smart man with many valid points.

I have never listened to Savage much b/c he is on at the wrong time here for easy access & he gets a little more "adult" ... my kids are usually around if I am listening to the radio. Levin can be grating when he gets loud or high pitched, however, he is sharp as a tack!

Rush is our lunch hour. Kids listen as civics lesson;)... scary to lib friends, I am sure. We have great conversations about current events using his show as our starting point. Kids even like him. We talk during commercials & chew during his talk.

I am just not really in the mood for a debate, I didn't name anyone but why not assume?

I will be happy to tear them apart another time. It has just been a long day.

Sorry to disappoint. :001_rolleyes:

Edited by Sis