Menu

A "young earth viewpoint?"

Cammie

That HaShem created the world in 6 24hr days, literally as stated, and that the earth is estimated at between 6,000 and 10,000yrs old. Most lean 6,000, but up to10,000 has been accepted in young earth creationism theory.

Interesting. Ds and I were just looking at the archaeology dig of Catalyohuk (I can't write the accents in this format) online, a city found that is almost 9,000 years old. It was fascinating.

Most of the time a young earth viewpoint would expect any civilization to be dated less than 4,000 years old, as the world wide flood is thought to be after that date, sometime in the 3rd century BC (I hope I have that right, you get the gyst).

One thing that is interesting is the proposal that the world wide flood changed the atmosphere (men's lives were much longer before the flood) thus drastically changing results that are obtained by carbon dating.

I haven't seen world history based on young earth dates. It sounds interesting to read up on.

Someone mentioned the answers in genesis website. They also put out a magazine http://www.answersingenesis.org/articles/am that has gorgeous photos and is much like a national geographic from a young earth perspective. While it is an adult magazine, I am using parts of it to homeschool my DS10. If any of you are in the area near the Kentucky /Ohio border area, Answers in Genesis has created a wonderful museum called the Creation Museum. This museum rocked our world. We were Christians leaning toward an old earth perspective and this museum put it all together for us. Cant recommend it highly enough.

Trisha