Menu

Fun daily events for the school year?

I'm trying to compile a list of easy, fun activities that we can do during the week. Unfortunately I bookmark many and then forget about them.

So I'm thinking this year we will try Muffin Tin Mondays and Think activities seem to be posted between Thursday and Saturday. I also bookmarked another one that someone posted here - can someone remind me - daily outdoor challenge or something like that.

Any other activities like these that you participate in on a weekly basis?

I remember reading the nature challenge thread awhile ago. It sounded like great idea.

In the past we have done stuffed animal day, PJ day, backwards day, donut day and a read-in.

We do all our science experiments on Friday which make for a fun day. I like the muffin tin Tues. We do something similar with make your own pizzas.

Instead of celebrating the 100th day of school we celebrate the 100th lesson. When my kids finish the 100th lesson in each subject they get to pick a prize out of a prize bin.

Though I know they are not popluar on this board, we also have reading contests for fun reading. BJU reading comes with contest suggestions so we do them a couple of times throughout the year for fun.

Thank you! The first one is the one I was thinking of and the art projects site looks fabulous!

We celebrate the birthdays of people we are studying. Last year we had a lovely cake and party for Dr. Seuss birthday plus we celebrated several (dead) presidents birthdays.

We have pajama day.

We try to have cooking class at least once a month.

Last year we mainly did school 4 days a week and spent day 5 going to museums, theatre, aquariums, zoos, etc.

We're doing a "Fine Art Friday" this year. It will consist of a Nature Walk & sketching in our nature journals, Shakespeare study, Music/Composer Study, Picture Study (Art Appreciation) and some type of hands-on crafty project and/or fun educational games in the afternoon.

KWG - I love your "Tuesday Tea" idea!