Menu

Maybe a dumb question but is The Curious Case of Benjamin Button suitable for 12-13

Those are the ages of my kids, and I wouldn't. I was going to tell you specifics, but thought maybe I'd better not spoil it for you two. Suffice it to say there are s*xual scenes and maybe some language. We are fairly conservative too.

Same here. Dc are the same ages and we're conservative in the movie dept. No, I would not let them watch it.

There are great reviews at:

http://www.pluggedinonline.com

They tell very specifically about both positive and negative content in movies.

-Doesn't necessarily condemn or condone, but gives the true picture regarding what you're really going to be seeing in the movies. Sometimes there are spoilers, so I don't look at the review if it'll just be dh and me, but for any movie that my kids are seeing, I definitely check there first.

There are great reviews at:

http://www.pluggedinonline.com

They tell very specifically about both positive and negative content in movies.

-Doesn't necessarily condemn or condone, but gives the true picture regarding what you're really going to be seeing in the movies. Sometimes there are spoilers, so I don't look at the review if it'll just be dh and me, but for any movie that my kids are seeing, I definitely check there first.

Probably 'cause I'm in such a hurry getting ready for our vacation tomorrow.

My dh saw it at a friend's house and loved it. He said that it was fine for the 13yo to watch. I thought it was on the edge for her. The 13yo and I both thought the movie was boring and stupid. We kept watching because dh said that it was a fabulous movie. We disagreed. The 16yo gave up on it after about 10 minutes and the 11yo was in bed.

The MPAA rating is this:

"Rated PG-13 for brief war violence, sexual content, language and smoking."

Smoking is irrelevant to me, and war violence can be weathered; but the remainder of the description renders this film "no go" for anybody in our family -- including dh and me.

You know I think we might just skip this one. Three hours of boring isn't what I need the night before we leave for a 16 hour driving vacation. And in case you're wondering why we even rented it, it was on our zip list (Canadian equivalent to Netflix) and we got it today.