Menu

chicken & rice stir fry--easy, unique recipe inside

This was a HUGE hit here. I made it 2 weeks ago and we ate it 2 nights in a row. I made it again tonight and my dh said it was very good. Even my 21ds ate it and normally he avoids stir fry.

I got the recipe off Simple Dollar but modified a bit

1/2 pound ground chicken or turkey, browned (could used cooked, diced)

1 egg

1 onion, diced

1/2 T minced garlic

1/2 t ginger powder

1 can corn, drained (or use fresh/frozen)

1 T. soy sauce

2 cups cooked rice (about 3/4 raw--use white/brown or a mix)

1/4-1/2 bag baby spinach

lemon juice (if you want)

canola or veg. oil

Heat oil in fry pan and scramble egg in oil. Remove egg from pan and drain on paper towel. Fry onions, garlic and ginger in oil (add more if needed) until nicely carmelized. Add chicken/turkey, rice, corn, egg and soy sauce. Stir and heat through.

Place a handful of raw spinach on a plate, sprinkle with lemon juice if desired. Top with stir fry.

Enjoy.

The recipe is very easy to adapt to what you have. We got 20# of free ground turkey from a family at church so I went with that. The original recipe calls for fresh corn or frozen but canned worked just fine and that is what I had in the house.

It is a unique recipe and I honestly wasn't sure who in my household would eat it but they ALL love it.

I just wanted to say that I made this for the family on Saturday and it was a huge hit! I added carrots and peas in addition to corn, fresh ginger for the dried and tripled the amount of garlic. I also added a touch of sesame oil when I cooked the rice and used short grain brown rice. I read some other fried rice recipes on allrecipes.com that all said the rice needed to be completely cooled before you fried it or it would be gummy. Didn't want to take a chance so I did that as well!

Thanks for adding an inexpensive and healthy meal to our rotation!