Menu

RAVING about the Add-A-Century timeline!!!

HappyGrace

Just rec'd this yesterday due to a positive recommendation on here (shipping was lightning fast!)

After reading the recommendation, I went to the site, watched the how-to video. I hemmed, I hawed, I asked the company several questions. Her responses were extremely quick (within hours or less) and helpful. She even sent me some additional pictures to clear up some questions I had.

Then I showed dd9 the site, and another timeline I was looking at. She loved the Add-A-Century. I bit the bullet and spent the money.

We are DELIGHTED with it! Dd pulled it out and immediately started setting it up (and school doesn't start for four more weeks!) All the materials are very high quality. This product has been well thought out! The dates are all included on little stickers and they exactly fit on the pages so you don't have to think how to set it up (but it is flexible). There was another thread on here this board that goes into more of the features:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114499&highlight=add+century

And the great features are all shown on a video on the site:

http://www.addacentury.com/learn-more.html You can take the pages apart and put them back together, work on little bits at a time or all at once, and it has categories (art/music, religion, government, even fictional characters!) down the left side so you can categorize your entries (we LOVE this feature)! You can fold it out for a wall, or put it in a book. It is so versatile and well done. It's my greatest find this year!!

I've never seen anything like this-it's a dream come true. It is a little pricey but it will last you all your years of homeschool and be a great keepsake.

I am so glad that you are pleased with your Add-A-Century Timeline (especially since I am one of the ones who highly recommended it!). Here is one of the earlier post about this timeline: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117963.

I agree with you - this is my best find of the year!

I hung on the wall the time period that we will be studying the next two years and the rest I am keeping in the binder. It is so no nice to see a whole century divided into the different categories.

My daughter is studying American History this year and next (late 1700's-present).

I have done quite a bit of work on gathering pictures from google images that I would be happy to send to anyone interested. I also have pictures for the artist and composers that we have studied and pictures for our state history (Ohio). Timeline pictures that are a part of Ohio history, I mounted on green paper.

I prefer being e-mailed at kckamy@yahoo.com.

Hi-I emailed you for the google pics that you already did-that would be a HUGE help since we're doing 1815-present this year!

I got the timeline for dd, rising 4th grader. I think it's perfect for this age because the breakdown of categories really helps them make connections better. She's so excited about it! Thanks again!