Menu

The meat truck was here!

Today it was my turn to find the meat-out-of-the-back-of-the-truck guy at my door! It was all I could do not to bust out laughing!

I let him say a couple of things, then I sent him packing, saying, "No, we don't eat steak and thank you, but I have the groceries all taken care of." He was very polite and left right away.

Wish I could've called one of you that always has the snappy lines.

Too bad it wasn't the UPS guy.

Chelle

I liked the meat from the meat truck. Too expensive to do it a second time, though.

Wish I could find and link the past threads on this topic! It's not that I don't like the meat--I've never tried it. I just posted because of other posters' funny experiences w/the same type of sales people.

I'm glad you liked yours!

Chelle

Guest Alte Veste Academy

:lol:

I love the meat guy threads! My own experience with the meat guy was a couple of years ago when my very kind-hearted DH let him do his spiel. When I entered the conversation, it was to ask for a price list, which he didn't have. When I asked about prices, he told me what they were by the box. When I asked how many pounds were in a box, he hesitated but he finally told me. Then I showed him the local sale bill from our grocery store and explained that his prices were almost twice that of what I could get from HEB. He actually seemed simultaneously offended and red-handed and pointed out that his chicken had marinade!

No, thank you. We're good on meat.