Menu

Preggo Questions-- baby position

My little guy was diagonal in our u/s at 22 weeks...and as far as I can tell he's staying that way. Kinda head down, but head to my lower left and feet to my upper right. At 23.5 weeks, they WILL change position won't they?

My 2nd child was transverse like this and his feet were pointing down and ready to come out first-- that one ended up in a c-section for what they called a footling breech. I am NOT up for that again and want to make sure this little guy gets where he needs to be before he's too big to move around very easily.

Is it time to worry yet? He's already over a pound and my last one would have been close to 10lbs. had he gone full term, so we're looking at a big boy here-- and I'm a small mama-- 105lbs pre-preggo weight and I'm only about 131 now in my 5th month. Not a good combo!

Anyone else btdt?

See this thread: http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118473&highlight=transverse

Basically, yes, there is still time for your baby to move. You can take matters into your own hands. See spinningbabies.com and see a chiropractor who is experienced with the Webster technique. Not only is this chiropractic technique good for turning babies, adjustments in general can be very helpful in helping all with comfort during pregnancy and lining things up nicely for delivery.

A quick backstory- I had a very upsetting birth experience with my first, had many issues to deal with with the second. I used hypnobirthing to deal with my fears and prepare for DD#2.

The woman who taught our class worked as an ICU nurse at the local university hospital. She had a fellow nurse who went through the same thing while we were taking our classes. Our teacher said that within 24 hours of a session with her, the baby flipped itself over- at 39 weeks!

My 2 both flopped around straight to the end, that is how I knew #2 was on her way, the 'baby cha-cha' stopped.

Here is the link to the classes we took. Very helpful.

http://www.hypnobirthing.com/

Blessings.

Robyn:grouphug:

There is PLENTY of time!!! Absolutely no reason at all to be concerned. This is a different baby and a different pregnancy than your last one.

He's already over a pound and my last one would have been close to 10lbs. had he gone full term, so we're looking at a big boy here-- and I'm a small mama-- 105lbs pre-preggo weight and I'm only about 131 now in my 5th month. Not a good combo!

The ONLY way to know how big a baby is would be to birth and put the baby on a scale. And it is VERY VERY rare for a woman to grow a baby bigger than she can birth. Please do not be concerned about the size issue (and do not let anyone feed you scare tactics!).

3 of my 4 have preferred oblique/transverse positions--I recommend spinningbabies.com and a great chiropractor to do regular Webster manipulations as well. We did this with my 4th and she was in a great position (the chiro also helped minimize ligament aches and pains which was a great bonus. ;))

The ONLY way to know how big a baby is would be to birth and put the baby on a scale. And it is VERY VERY rare for a woman to grow a baby bigger than she can birth. Please do not be concerned about the size issue (and do not let anyone feed you scare tactics!).

Oh agreed!! I am 5'3", medium/small frame and easily pushed out my 10lb1ozer without tearing. ;) My midwives always say "fat squishes!" ;)