Menu

Do you let your dc read your copy of the books

which you have "talked" to (i.e. with notes in the margins, etc)? Usually I keep a notebook, but lately i have been stranded in Dr.'s offices with my mom:001_smile:. or do you talk to your books??:bigear:

I'm planning to, just out of economic necessity. I've even written questions & notes to him within the books to help spur our future conversations.

I thought, like the other poster, that it would teach him how to do it for himself. But, I guess that means it *would* be nice if he did get his "own" book every now and then. :001_huh:

I do let my children read books I've written in (and often, they laugh at me!), but any school books that I want them to *study* I buy their own copy. When we study them together, we get three copies. If I can't afford that, then we study fewer books deeply rather than many books shallowly...if you see what I mean. I'd rather we each had 6 books in our hands, free to study and write in, than 12 books we had to share.

I plan on doing like Lori. Paperback swap and thrift stores have been great for extra copies. I can't seem to pick up a book without taking notes in it. I have a hard reading through someone else's notes and my ds and I think in a similar fashion. So he'll get his own copies.

I don't like writing in books. I had to do this in college and high school some but really didn't like it. Therefore, hardly any books have notes in them so we do share books. That being said, I borrowed Huckleberry Finn from the library for my daughter rather than reading my old and much more fragile copy.

I do let my children read books I've written in (and often, they laugh at me!), but any school books that I want them to *study* I buy their own copy. When we study them together, we get three copies. If I can't afford that, then we study fewer books deeply rather than many books shallowly...if you see what I mean. I'd rather we each had 6 books in our hands, free to study and write in, than 12 books we had to share.

DS finds my notes amusing. And I tend to write a lot of notes, where he tends to underline and star things without little or no comment, so just for stylistic differences we need separate copies.

I have tried and I just can't do it. I do take notes and have had my daughter start taking notes in a notebook while reading. I don't talk to my books, but my daughter does all the time.

I did throw a book across the room one time though when it annoyed me.