Menu

Hurricane Harbor, CA....no rash guard t-shirts allowed? Seriously??

My son is signed up to go to Hurricane Harbor with our church youth group in the morning. He's never been. We've never been to a water park at all. Anyhow, I checked online and it states that no t-shirts, tank tops OR rash guards are allowed on the slides but that you can buy appropriate swim wear there. :001_huh: My son is NOT happy. Not. He's a bit chunky and was thinking he would get to wear his rash guard the whole time. He's going to feel so embarrassed the whole entire time.

If you've been to Hurricane Harbor, CA....do people wear rash guards, or T-shirts, or do all the men walk around shirtless? :confused:

ETA: Should he bring a towel with him?? Yeppers, we're clueless.

Edited by Melissa in CA

I've seen other water parks with this rule. When I asked why, I was told that the shirt could possibly get caught somewhere on the ride, causing an injury.

I'm not sure I believe it, but those were the rules....

(Do they sell their own rash guards? If so, then this would obviously not apply.)

I can't help here, just wanted to say our town pool is the same way. Their rules say no cotton shirts allowed, only synthetic shirts for medical reasons. A bit ridiculous, to me.

Cotton fibers can get caught in the filters. No cotton clothing is allowed in our neighborhood pool either. However, rash guards (which are synthetic) are just fine.

My DD would have a huge problem then! Because I believe in modesty our kids all wear rash guards. it is the same materials as the shorts, and my DD doesn't have anything else to wear..

Personally, I would call the park. Maybe the bikini top of the girls shouldn't be allowed either, those strings might get caught in the ride.etc..:glare:.

Unless it is an indoor park, my girls wear rash guards. Both they and I don't want sunburns. And don't tell me about using sunscreen. My youngest is extremely light and prone to burning. She would have to be re-sunscreened all over about every hour. I prefer just doing her head, hands, and lower legs.

My DD would have a huge problem then! Because I believe in modesty our kids all wear rash guards. it is the same materials as the shorts, and my DD doesn't have anything else to wear..

Personally, I would call the park. Maybe the bikini top of the girls shouldn't be allowed either, those strings might get caught in the ride.etc..:glare:.

:iagree: I believe in modesty for women AND men.

I just spoke to my niece who is very modest and has been to many water parks. She said that shirts are not allowed on the rides for injury purposes. For example, if a shirt it too large it could fly up and suffocate you. Some rides allow shirts, but when you ride some of the faster slides the shirt must be removed before getting on the ride. So, basically, my ds can wear his shirt everywhere, but if he gets to a ride and they ask him to remove his shirt, he will need to remove it (and his flip flops as we don't own water shoes) then hold it (or sit on it...whatever applies) until he gets off the ride. Then he may put his shirt back on. The flip flops, I am told, you wear on your hands while on the ride.

He's not at all happy about having to remove his shirt, but he says he can live with those conditions as long as he doesn't have to walk around the park nekked!

He's very excited about going, so hopefully the fun of the park will soften the embarrassment factor. I'll be praying so anyhow...