Menu

My baby is seven today.

And her mother is feeling nostalgic. It really doesn't seem very long since she was born, and wasn't she in diapers about a year ago? I think it took her brother about thirty years to get to seven. But this one just keeps sneaking up on me, getting older and bigger and more grown up. She's such a delightful little person. I'm going to miss her when she's grown up and off to college and married and...y'know...turning forty...lol. Motherhood is a funny thing.

And her mother is feeling nostalgic. It really doesn't seem very long since she was born, and wasn't she in diapers about a year ago? I think it took her brother about thirty years to get to seven. But this one just keeps sneaking up on me, getting older and bigger and more grown up. She's such a delightful little person. I'm going to miss her when she's grown up and off to college and married and...y'know...turning forty...lol. Motherhood is a funny thing.

Funny thing is that I almost rolled my eyes back in my head when people used to tell me how fast this time is going and to enjoy it.

I was sleep deprived when ds was a baby, felt like I could not take a shower by myself for 10 years etc, etc, etc - guess what? He is in college now...and they were right. It has gone fast.

Thanks all. :grouphug:

She's beebopping her way up to her room to bed with her new ipod shuffle that her daddy gave her and her new iturtle speaker that her mom gave her listening to the Kidz Bop CD that her brother gave her (Daddy "ripped" it for her). She looks so BIG and grownup. She's going to be a teenager with a phone permanently attached to the other ear before I know what hit me. Hopefully she'll still be hanging out with that remarkably well-behaved group of girls we carted up to "Farm Country" to feed goats and ride ponies this afternoon. (And we got to see the TINIEST little baby pony that was just born on Sunday. I think its head came up to my knee!) I was thinking as I was listening to the chatter and giggling in the back of the minivan that I'm glad she chooses to hang with girls who dress modestly, think "the 's' word" is "stupid", didn't mock or tease the girls who were way off-base in "pin the snout on the pig" OR the one who was too timid to ride a pony, and actually divvied up their goodies when one girl came up with less candy in the candy-grabbing "Find the needle in the haystack" activity. No fuss, no muss, we're all friends here. Loved it.

Mama Sheep, she may grow up, but she will always need you. :001_wub:

When my oldest(22) was a teen she used to tell me that she couldn't wait to move out. Guess what? She comes to visit weekly, asks her sisters to sleepover, and wanted me to attend the birth of her children. And today, she called me when she felt overwhelmed. I'll always be her mommy.

Awwww!!! A very happy birthday to your "baby"! :) Enjoy her while you have her. :)