Menu

Need ideas for Lively Latin schedule

We pretty much do one worksheet per day. Sometimes if the lesson page has very little work to do on it we will do the next page that goes with that lesson. That along with reviewing the vocabulary and chants seems like a reasonable amount of work.

I do 1 worksheet or story per day. If it is a history day then we just read the story, on the other days we just work at the rate of 1 page per day. It has woked well for us.:001_smile:

We pretty much do one worksheet per day. Sometimes if the lesson page has very little work to do on it we will do the next page that goes with that lesson. That along with reviewing the vocabulary and chants seems like a reasonable amount of work.

:iagree:

This is what we do, too. It typically takes ~2 weeks to get through a lesson for us.

I don't schedule it ahead. I plan to do 2 worksheets per day, but sometimes only get one done. The plan is to do one page together and let ds do one on his own, but it doesn't always work out that way. So far it's worked fine for us to just do the next thing and not plan in advance.

I printed out a "master copy" for me to keep in a notebook - major undertaking! Then for each lesson, I copy exercises, history and vocab sheets that require writing. This is usually 2 weeks worth of material. We do Latin daily. We start reviewing Latin vacab. and chants. I made flash cards, thinking of laminating for younger dd's. The "Magistra" says the lessons should be taught in order presented. Unfortunately, I read this AFTER I had put all my material in separate sections. Making the black and white copies for the kids helps me organize in what order to teach what. That might have been more info than you needed! To answer the ?, we generally do one page or two. Some pages are more instruction than others. On history days, we review vocab and chants, read story and let them do their journal pages. On busy days, the word power sheets are nice, they require little teacher assistance. HTH

• 1 month later...
I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around a schedule for Lively Latin. There's no TM, correct? I know the website recommends doing one lesson/month but I need something a little more organized. Any ideas or suggestions?

I'm having the same problem! I want someone to tell me "Do page X on Monday, page X on Tuesday..." Where on the website did you see one lesson/month? Since there's 16 lessons, it looks like we'd have to average two/month in order to get it done in one school year.