Menu

best Homeschooling how/helpbooks.....

mlgbug

Hands down, for me, is The Well-Trained Mind, any edition you can get. :001_smile: Have a great trip!

I'll second that one. By far, TWTM is the best HS resource book anyone could find!!! I've never found such a great book about the subject. It is comprehensive and complete, well written and easily understood, informative and even inspirational.

(BTW, I think its utterly amazing that we are here on the TWTM website and are allowed to discuss any curriculum we choose. Don't you?)

Blessings,

Lucinda

Right now I'm reading Help for the Harried Homeschooler. I'm obviously very new to all this but I'm enjoying it. A very easy, kinda fun read. However, I also have TWTM checked out from the library and am planning to read it next. Just from skimming it the day I got it from the library - I think I'll end up buying it. Looks awesome! I don't buy many books anymore because I'm a Dave Ramsey fan and used to spend oodles of money on books so it has to be a really fantastic book for me to even consider buying it!

Since The Well Trained mind is not available, I vote for 100 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum by Cathy Duffy. Don't let the title fool you. Even if you already have a curriculum you like and are using, there is a wealth of helpful information in here. If that isn't available either, just go to the library and see what you can find. There are a plethora of books out there, you may just have to sift through a few. Good luck.