Menu

SOTW, Vol. 1 w/ AG - Need to add bible history

parias1126

I just purchased my AG for Vol. 1 today. I really would like to add bible history to our SOTW study. I looked at Biblioplan, but not sure if this would be too much. I am stuck on if I should go ahead and add bible history, purchase a separate Bible curriculum, or just use the Children's Bible along with some narration.

My kids are 5 and 7 (K and 2nd). My 2nd grader is fascinated by Bible stories so it is pretty important to us. My K'er just follows along... :D

Pamela

i'm in the process of doing this to adapt with the DK Ill Children's Bible. i'm about 12 weeks into it. i'm doing it for my DS6 {and DD 4.5 who will follow along}.

there's a grid using the Egermeier's on {Paula's Archives} here

or there's one here using the Hillyer's CHildren's History of the World (just fyi)

i did find that the Egermeier plans don't align chronologically with the SOTW chapters after about 11 weeks .... it's just a way to get through all the scriptures in the number of weeks that it will take to get through SOTW

i was advised by several to not spend the money on biblioplan bc i could do it myself. i'm using the Greenleaf Press Guide to OT to help me out, as well .....

i'm in the process of doing this to adapt with the DK Ill Children's Bible. i'm about 12 weeks into it.

I second DK's Bible. http://www.amazon.com/Childrens-Illustrated-Bible-Selina-Hastings/dp/0756602610

Amazing info. and beautiful pictures.

We just read the stories when it applies and discuss through out the day.

Before we start the Moses/Pharoh saga in SOTW we will read the Bible where we last left off (Joseph in Egypt) and get to Moses in the river.

PS - I got mine for $6 at TJ Maxx.

I don't know what else you are using for L.A, but I will tell you what we used anyway. DD6 did Rod and Staff reading for 1st grade last year. The reading level was actually below her reading level, but it is all Bible Stories and it didn't take long to complete each day. The T.M had daily ideas for vocabulary, comprehension, and other skills that I liked. It went well with doing SOTW 1. It had a couple of the same Bible stories (Joseph, Moses, Jesus) but with more detail and more of what came between the few major events in SOTW.

I haven't used R&S reading 2, so I am not sure what stories are covered in it. Might be worth a look.