Menu

Teaching Latin

freeindeed

My DD enjoyed Latin for Children A last year in 4th grade. I basically learned along with her.

That is what we used last year. I also bought myself a workbook, it was most helpful to me.

I had a few years of Spanish in high school and I was surprised how much Latin I knew just from the Spanish.

We really like the Latin for Children series with the DVDs and CDs. I had ecclesiastical pronunciation in school and I wanted dd to learn classical (they offer both in the same program), the chants on the DVD and CDs are great. I also think it would be good if you didn't have any previous Latin, I had forgotten a lot.

I am not a Latin teacher and could not teach my way out of paper bag when it comes to the subject....so I turned to the boards for ideas and ended up choosing LFC. 10 yo dd has excelled in Latin thanks to the program. She loves the fun approach, the chants and the DVD lessons. This year she has passed me up and most often is the one helping ME with the lessons. We are so glad we decided to go with the program and will be staying with it another year or two before moving on to Spanish.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Edited by HSMom2One