Menu

Anyone use Easy Grammar or E.G. Plus?

songbirdie

I would also LOVE to know the answer to this! :)

This will be our first year of EG and we are excited to switch gears for grammar.

I also wondered what books are necessary for EG? Just the student workbook, or do I also need to order the HUGE book that has the student workbook pages AND the answer pages in the same book. Also, do I need the test booklet as well?

Thanks so much! :)

I also wondered what books are necessary for EG? Just the student workbook, or do I also need to order the HUGE book that has the student workbook pages AND the answer pages in the same book. Also, do I need the test booklet as well?

We did EG for the first time last year, and I just bought the huge TG, as it has everything - student pages, tests that are in the booklet, as well as teaching pages and answers.

I have two students at the same level, and I just copy what I think should be about a week's worth of student pages at a time and put them in a folder. I teach a concept based on where the teacher pages say to, then have them complete 1-2 pages in a day. If consecutive pages set up exactly the same, I just have them do 1 page. Then the next day, we go over errors, and I give them another. If there are virtually no errors, I skip the next page set up the same.

When they've completed the pages I copied, I pop them in a 3-ring binder and copy out the next week's pages.

There are many tests and reviews in the book, some of which cover just the previous concept taught, others which are cumulative. I choose which to give based on what I think they need - I don't use them all.

hth.

The text doesn't require anything. You decide how many pages a day you want to do, and do it.

My dd was 11, and I wanted to finish the book in a year. She did three pages a day. I don't know how long that took, because time was irrelevant. I corrected each page before she did the next. I'm thinking half an hour or so.

We will be using EG for the first time this coming school year, so I appreciate this thread. Now I'm thinking I won't need to buy the student book. How about the Daily Grams book? Does anyone use it? If so, how does that pair up with the rest?

Blessings,

Lucinda

We used EG last year. It took about 15 minutes maximum. As another post mentioned, there are extensive reviews and tests in the lesson book without having to buy the test booklet. If you want to purchase just one book (TM or student), I'd go with the TM. It has all the student pages included.

I have used EG for years and if I want to finish the book in a year I just divided how many days into the number of pages to give me an idea. I don't remember spending mass amounts of time maybe 15-20 minutes tops. I have even taken the EG Plus book and did it in two years with my older daughter.