Menu

I hate to be one of those parents....

Tyler is "fine." He's up off the couch. He's talking A LOT. He ate supper (though did request soft food). The swelling is so down that he looks as if he lost 20 pounds.

We didn't give him another dose of benedryl and now his heartrate is a little lower. I guess that was what was making it SO high.

Anyway, thanks for the support. I really was a nervous wreck. I felt like a new parent scared of what could happen. I hope I'm not going to be like this every time a kid get sick! It's just so hard when you get SO close to losing a kid, especially when a doctor's neglect of finding the issue was involved.

Again, thanks so much. I really needed it.

ANOTHER QUESTION....

I know I've mentioned it a time or two, but....his heart keeps racing. His totally resting heartrate is near 120 (at hosp, it was 117). It's bugging him currently so I decided to ask afterall. It's 150 (resting) right now.

That just seems bad. Your heartrate shouldn't be resting that high anyway but certainly not staying that high.

I'm gonna try to get him to do some breathing exercises and see if that helps, but any other ideas?

My regular resting heart rate runs around 120 and has for years. My doc says it is normal for me and nothing to worry about. Is it possible that this is normal for him?

Tyler is "fine." He's up off the couch. He's talking A LOT. He ate supper (though did request soft food). The swelling is so down that he looks as if he lost 20 pounds. :thumbup:

We didn't give him another dose of benedryl and now his heartrate is a little lower. I guess that was what was making it SO high. oh duh

Anyway, thanks for the support. I really was a nervous wreck. :grouphug:

Tyler is "fine." He's up off the couch. He's talking A LOT. He ate supper (though did request soft food). The swelling is so down that he looks as if he lost 20 pounds.

We didn't give him another dose of benedryl and now his heartrate is a little lower. I guess that was what was making it SO high.

Anyway, thanks for the support. I really was a nervous wreck. I felt like a new parent scared of what could happen. I hope I'm not going to be like this every time a kid get sick! It's just so hard when you get SO close to losing a kid, especially when a doctor's neglect of finding the issue was involved.

Again, thanks so much. I really needed it.

:grouphug:WOOHOO! So glad to hear it :)