Menu

Times Tales...What has your experience been?

chpiper

I just got these for my struggling math student...she is having a tough time retaining her times tables and I wanted to try something different to help her...but looking at these, I am not sure about them...

Has anyone used them and what results did you get with them? Good/bad/indifferent? I'm :bigear:

I used this with my 7 year old during the last couple of weeks of school. I was amazed at just how quickly she could recall the stories and then apply them to the flashcards that had only the numbers on them. The program works surprisingly well- I think you'll be glad you got it!

I've been using it with my dd8 to learn her tables - after seeing it work with many friend's struggling students. When I read it, I didn't like the font and had a hard time making myself read it. I couldn't imagine that it would work. However, she has remembered every story she has read and has not only been able to retell the story and the fact. She has also been able to apply it to division word problems which makes me think that it really is sticking.

I don't have any long term experience with it, but for the facts we have covered with it, it has surprised me.