Menu

Blockbuster vs Netflix

We had Blockbuster until they changed their in-store exchange policy. (We paid a little extra to exchange 5 of our videos in-store, which we kept until the next video on our queue arrived in the mail. They changed the policy, with no notice to us until they billed us for the next month, so that they wouldn't mail a new video until the one from the store had been returned.)

The lack of notice annoyed me more than anything else. :glare:

We're in-between services right now, since it's summer and we don't have much time for movies - but in September I'm signing us up to Netflix (which I don't like to do because we have a Blockbuster right down the street and I loved exchanging the movies right there!).

We used to have Blockbuster. They just got to be too slow in sending out the videos, and there were too many things that said, "Available Now" but they stayed in our queue. The customer service wasn't the best, either. The "Watch Instantly" option at Netflix more than makes up for the in-store exchange at Blockbuster.

We had netflix, switched to blockbuster, and went back to netflix.

We decided to switch from netflix to blockbuster b/c the service let us drop off at the store and pick up a video which activated the next movie in the queue for slightly less money. We had been using Netflix for a while and after making sure they had the series we were in the middle of, we switched.

Well . . . they listed the series we wanted but when we switched and tried to put it on the queue, of course, they didnt' have it. That really started us off on the wrong foot with them. After that it was okay but movies kept getting lost in the mail (which almost never happens with netflix) and I don't really like going to the store anyway. I was getting annoyed with blockbuster so we checked back into netflix. When we signed back up they had instant download. We find that a lot more useful than the store option (which it seems is no longer an option).

For reasons I no longer even remember, Blockbuster just wasn't as good a service as netflix.

One of the reasons I like Netflix is all the documentaries and old movies they carry. We used a lot of each with ds's history and literature curriculums. In the three years we used Netflix for school, only once did they not have the movie we needed.

We mail our movies one day, they are recieved at Netflix by the next day, and we have new movies the very next.

We had Blockbuster until they changed their in-store exchange policy. (We paid a little extra to exchange 5 of our videos in-store, which we kept until the next video on our queue arrived in the mail. They changed the policy, with no notice to us until they billed us for the next month, so that they wouldn't mail a new video until the one from the store had been returned.)

The lack of notice annoyed me more than anything else. :glare:

We're in-between services right now, since it's summer and we don't have much time for movies - but in September I'm signing us up to Netflix (which I don't like to do because we have a Blockbuster right down the street and I loved exchanging the movies right there!).

This is exactly why I canceled Blockbuster and changed to Netflix. We had the one out at a time deal where we could exchange it at the store and they would immediately send a new movie. When they stopped sending it right away - I saw no point to drive to the Blockbuster to rent my movies. We have netflix now because I want a few tv show seasons for the summer. Then I may just do the Red Box thing in the fall.