Menu

What's your brand and color preference for a dishwasher?

My old one is dying, so I need to make a decision pretty quickly.

Cabinets are a light maple. I've never owned anything stainless. We haven't bought a dw in probably 20 yrs, so I'm not familiar with much of the new stuff. Opinions?:confused:

My old one is dying, so I need to make a decision pretty quickly.

Cabinets are a light maple. I've never owned anything stainless. We haven't bought a dw in probably 20 yrs, so I'm not familiar with much of the new stuff. Opinions?:confused:

Asko. We do 4 or 5 loads a day and the last KitchenAid dishwasher we had lasted only 2 months.

Ours is white on the outside an stainless on the inside.

We've had several Asko's: 2 in this house and one in a previous house. I recommend them very highly.

We recently installed a dual-drawer dishwasher, and it's hard for me to imagine going back to the standard design. I love, love, love it. A standard dishwasher holds 10 place settings -- in the same space, I have two energy-efficient drawers that operate independently and wash 6 place settings each. So I run a load as soon as the drawer is full, and I always have a place for dirty dishes to go, even if I'm washing a load... I'm not tempted to wait for the next meal, 'cause I could fit three more plates in, only to find that the next meal leaves me with a pile of dishes that won't fit...

Mine is a DCS by Fisher-Paykel. I bought it because my friend has had a F-P for years that I just love. Many other companies make dual-drawers now, including KitchenAid, Maytag, Jenn-Air (I think) and others...

I have a Whirlpool, which I like very much. The utensil rack hangs on the door, and there's no spray arm sticking up from the bottom, leaving the whole bottom rack free for dishes. The top rack doesn't have a spray arm sticking up through it, either, so the whole top rack is usable, too.

We bought white, because our other appliances are white.

We recently installed a dual-drawer dishwasher, and it's hard for me to imagine going back to the standard design. I love, love, love it. A standard dishwasher holds 10 place settings -- in the same space, I have two energy-efficient drawers that operate independently and wash 6 place settings each. So I run a load as soon as the drawer is full, and I always have a place for dirty dishes to go, even if I'm washing a load... I'm not tempted to wait for the next meal, 'cause I could fit three more plates in, only to find that the next meal leaves me with a pile of dishes that won't fit...

Mine is a DCS by Fisher-Paykel. I bought it because my friend has had a F-P for years that I just love. Many other companies make dual-drawers now, including KitchenAid, Maytag, Jenn-Air (I think) and others...

Oooo...those are pretty :) I just replaced my dw, but I could not afford the two drawer one.

I got a Maytag with a handle on the front and the controls on the top of the drawer for a sleek look. It has a food grinder, sensor to tell when the dishes are clean, and it is a tall tub design so I can fit even my lg pots in there. I got black, because stainless is a pain to keep clean (our fridge is stainless and I have to wash it down daily *sigh*). Stainless also costs more than black or white. White just stands out too much IMHO, but many people like it.

Happy shopping!

I have a Whirlpool Gold with taller upper rack, I love how larger things fit on top. It's black. I have a stainless refrigerator but the rest are black. I think it would depend on the rest of your kitchen decor.

RegGuheert - Holy cow, are you guys feeding a soup kitchen or something! We have as many at home but only run one full load a day! :D

My one suggestion is to NOT get the fancy extra features. We have one that does China, pots and pans cycle, moveable upper tray, etc.....we always use the "regular" cycle and never move the tray.

It looked so cool in the store, but it isn't necessary.

Dawn