Menu

Prednisone side effects

Anyone lose taste completely while on prednisone? I am being treated for an allergic rxn to sulfur antibiotics on day 8 of prednisone and weaning off in 4 more days. Everything tastes like cardboard. Honestly - not during summer icecream months! :tongue_smilie:

Just wondering when my taste will return....

TIA

My mum had bad side effects to prednisone- couldn't live with it, couldn't live without it- took her months to get off it. But, I cant remember her mentioning that one (it might have seemed a minor inconvenience at the time, not worth mentioning).

No experience with pred., but my son is on dexamethasone 5 days a month and during that time he only wants to eat salty things (we have other friends who are on this also and they have similar reactions), so steroids can change your sense of taste. It may depend on your dosage also.

I still can not taste anything except for salt. I think it must be a rxn to the sulfa drug that I had such a bad rxn to and not the prednisone. Anyone lose taste and regain it? How long did it take? It is really a bummer to not taste anything.... Thanks.